Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Buddhist Thanksgiving

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited November 2012 in Buddhism Basics

Comments

• Very cool! :)

It has been quite some time since I've physically been around other Buddhists.
  • The question is, are you only looking for superficial external experience to give you some temporary peace?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Metallica said:

The question is, are you only looking for superficial external experience to give you some temporary peace?

If this is directed towards me, I'd like to think that that's not all I'm looking for even though it was certainly a pleasant experience. Whatever the case, I don't see anything wrong with enjoying or wanting to enjoy a communal meal with a group of kind and generous people myself.
  • Metallica said:

The question is, are you only looking for superficial external experience to give you some temporary peace?

Not sure who this question was posed for..

Sometimes I desire "external" experiences. They come and go.

Being around such folks like @Jason was in such a manner is certainly not any superficial activity by use of its standard definition of being shallow.. facade.. etc.

I'd say that it is quite a healthy desire to want to be around other folks like that and share your time and belongings with.

Jeffrey

I'd say that it is quite a healthy desire to want to be around other folks like that and share your time and belongings with.

As do I. :)
  • Wow. I was shocked to see this posting right when I came to this website. This is the temple I attend on Sunday mornings. I walk to it almost every day. Funny how things come together like that.
    Yeah, it's a small world sometimes. I live in the area too. I used to go to the Sunday chanting, meditation, and meal offering, but now I mainly just go to the Tuesday night chanting and meditation.
  • I have to agree with the author. I often would enjoy the company of like-minded individuals from time to time. Although, it is not a driving need in my life, it is nice to have. Sadly, in my neck of the woods, there doesn't seem to be many Buddhists around here.