Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Wanted...All Black 2 tassel Juzu or nenju

Does anybody know where I can find juzu beads that have 2 tassels only? but all black? I cant find a picture but if you google juzu or nenju you will see that japanese zen has a lot of different styles. Im looking for the 108 bead with just 2 tassels hanging from the guru bead but ALL BLACK!! Ive done e-bay, amazon, a few japanese sites...i can find all black with 4 tassels, or ones with those strange looking ball things, and even just 2 tassels but never in all black.

Please help

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Not sure if they will have what you want, but you can design your own mala here, and the prices are pretty good.
    http://www.custommalashop.com/cms/home.php
  • nice...i like the black ebony and coral one lol!
  • Could you cut off two tassles from something?
  • Jeffrey said:

Could you cut off two tassles from something?

i make my own mala from time to time, but the way the japanese do theirs is something i simply dont know how and cant find tassels like them except on prayer beads.

• Oh I meant buy the four tassle thing and then just cut off two. Why do you want a certain number of tassles?
  • just personal taste really. But that could be a good idea. if im careful maybe i could cut off 2 and not mess it up. Juzu are way more exspensive vs mala for some reason.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    You can buy tassels at some larger craft/beading stores. I had a friend make my mala for me and that's what she did. So perhaps you could, on the flip side of removing 2, add 2 of your own, lol.
  • karasti said:

You can buy tassels at some larger craft/beading stores. I had a friend make my mala for me and that's what she did. So perhaps you could, on the flip side of removing 2, add 2 of your own, lol.

I guess im just a bit picky about it to be honest....I have a 4 tassel one thats super large I dont really use anymore, and the japanese style tassels are far better then any other kind I have seen so unless I can find what Im looking for I may have to do the cutting thing. As of now I know how to make malas with 1 tassel, a beaded tassel, and a snake knot version.