Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Kundun" movie

edited July 2006 in General Banter
Has anyone seen this movie? If so, what did you think of it?

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2006
    It was one of the factors that led to our visit to Dharamshala and our meeting with HHDL.
  • edited July 2006
    How so? And I am assuming you liked the movie? I have not seen it yet, but it's on my "Netflix" list for my next movie.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2006
    It's a good movie :) We enjoyed it a lot.
  • edited July 2006
    I really enjoyed the movie too........I've seen it twice.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    How so? And I am assuming you liked the movie? I have not seen it yet, but it's on my "Netflix" list for my next movie.

It happened like this:

During the Spring and Summer of 1999, my wife was dying of cancer, and Jack (then 8/9) I would sometimes cuddle up, while she was sleeping, and watch videos. He had come into my study when I was watching Kundun and it became his favourite. We watched it over and again, sometimes right through and sometimes in episodes.

After Chris died, in July, Jack and I were looking through old photo albums of our trips overseas together: Canada, Greece, Turkey, France, and India. I asked him where he would most like to go in the world I expected EuroDisney or Florida and had resigned myself to such a purgatory when, after a short pause for thought, he announced: "I'd like to see the Himalayas and meet the Dalai Lama."

So we did.
  • edited July 2006
    That's one of the most wonderful stories I have ever heard. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Me too. How wonderful, Simon!

They don't have Kundun at the movie store here and I've been wanting to see it for a long time.