Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Moving AGAIN...

edited August 2006 in General Banter
This time it's the final move for me. I, and my family, are moving back home. My wife and I came to the decision based on the fact neither of us can deal with seeing my daughter only every few months. I am used to seeing her much more often than that. And although she is only a step-daughter to my wife she is very close to her heart and the distance hurts her too. Another great thing is, there are a few different temples I can choose from to check out. When I lived back home I was not following the middle path so i never noticed them. So I am excited to try that out. It's going to be one hell of a move, about 800+ miles but it will be a relief to be back home. Plus, while I was gone two of my brothers had children, and I want to be closer to them as well. Sorry for the babble I just had to express my excitement!

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Oh, man, it must be such a relief for you to finally go back home. I'm so happy for you, LFA, and being near family is so important when they're people you want to be near.

I know the move must also have you stressing a bit but just think of it in the same way you'd eat an elephant, one bite at a time. If you break it down into smaller pieces it won't be nearly as stressful. That's how I have to approach things in my life like doing laundry because it takes a very long time to get it done so I break it down into tiny fragments and just follow the pieces and eventually it's all done! And when you do it that way it's easier to stay mindful of everything you're doing because you're not stressing so much and constantly thinking about the whole thing. You can even use it as an exercise in mindfulness if you want.

I'm very, very happy for you, LFA. That makes two sangha members who have returned home this year, you and Fede. Maybe Yogamama's husband will get some amazing job in Arizona and they'll be able to move back there! It's great how you never know where life's going to take you...

Be well!
  • edited July 2006
    Good for you, LFA! I am very happy for you and it sure sounds like you are making the right decision. We left Phoenix when I was pregnant because we wanted to be near family, and it has been nice to have our daughter grow up with her other cousins and grandparents. And although I miss Arizona terribly, we will probably stay where we are...maybe until we are ready to retire! :)

Best of luck to you and your family!
  • edited July 2006
    Thank you both. Being back home is going to be much better on our "mental" health than where we are. Just being around our families again is going to be great.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Why were you gone in the first place? Did I miss something?

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    nah you didn't miss anything... when I started posting here i lived in Knoxville, TN. I moved there from MA to hopefully save abit more cash living in the south. Than we moved to Morehead City, NC cause my wife's sister is here. We figured moving in with her we'd save even more money. After alot of time away from home, mainly because we haven't seen more daughter as often as we used to, we are moving back to MA for good. It is hard only seeing my daughter every few months when I'm used to having her Thursday through Sunday every week. So in a few weeks we are packing up and driving the 800+ miles back home, I'm already sighing with relief!!!!

Another great thing about going back home, there are a few different sanghas/ temples available. I never looked for them when I lived there cause I really hadn't "awakened" to the middle path, but now that my practice is growing stronger it will be great to be around some others that are like minded and can answer my questions face to face. DON'T TAKE THAT WRONG ANYONE!!! What you guys have done for me is pointed me in a direction I never thought I would go. It is wonderful and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me. It wil just be nice to have real human interaction if you know what I mean.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I know exactly what you mean, LFA. I'm really feeling the need for guidance right now and I'm wishing I had a few nuns to talk to.