Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Weekend cabin rest cure

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited January 2013 in General Banter
Reading Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain (a delightful read, I must say), I'm reminded a lot of Dostoyevsky, both in style and substance. They show a similar depth of insight into aspects of human psychology.

And I suppose it's kind of fitting that this is the book I'll be reading as I head to a snowy cabin in Olympic National Forest (my own little poor-man's version of International Sanatorium Berghof) for the weekend with a group of friends and a budding sore throat and earache (one of the major themes is illness as the novel's set in a rather posh tuberculosis sanatorium in the Swiss Alps).

Catch all you 'flatlanders' on the flip side. :)
Brianzombiegirl

Comments

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    Have fun and take care of yourself, Jason! Fyi... garlic is a great natural antibiotic. When I'm sick, I take garlic supplements. It's easy and you can get "odorless" ones that don't dissolve until your intestines, so they don't make you reek.