Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Nadi Astrology

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited August 2006 in Faith & Religion
Came across this on a documentary on Discovery... Fascinating...

So it is said that all our lives are predestined, and thousands of years ago highly-enlightened sages in the ancient Vedic background gained the power to look into the past, present and future of every human born, being born, and who will be born on Earth, and wrote everything that they saw on palm leaves.

Today, Nadi astrologers take your thumbprint and search for the "correct bundle of leaves". After finding it, they will ask you a series of questions, and after finding the correct leave for you, they will tell you of your entire life (your family members' name, personal encounters etc. etc) and really, it's an ENTIRE LIFE... From the most mundane things like your exact profession to the most serious like your deathdate.

Alright, I am not really sure on this, and from all the Googling I have done, the skeptics have been basing their arguments on things like hot reading or the small size of the Nadi library (which supposedly contains a leaf for EVERY sentinent human soul ever born, existing, or will be born) compared to say, the 6 billion leaves needed for the whole of the Earth now.

Hot reading seems very grayed out... I don't know what kind of questions they ask, but I think that perhaps Nadi believers could at least, during their first Nadi consultation, realized that indeed, they were being taken for a ride. Nothing still explains the ability to recite off exact names of spouses, parents and children via hot reading.

As for the small Nadi library, for the benefit of doubt, let me just assume that only those ever fated to get a Nadi reading will come to have their leaf there.

So... Any views on this? Personally I guess it's just darn cool for a try (indeed, perhaps I wanna have a go at it next time), but the point here, don't get superstitious! :rockon: After all, we don't want to hear that we won't get to reach Nirvana anytime soon, do we? :p