Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Read any good books lately....?

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited August 2006 in General Banter
Came across this, by a process of research and elimination, and for sheer witticisms and ingenuity, it takes some beating....!*

I give you the link to read, mark, inwardly digest and enjoy, on cold winter evenings, when pursuit of more educational and soul-satisfying literature just leaves you fed-up to the back teeth.... have fun!

For more info.on he Author, check this out..... :)

* Look up: Armour, Scriptures, Faith and Religion.... And much more besides.....!

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    Came across this, by a process of research and elimination, and for sheer witticisms and ingenuity, it takes some beating....!*

I give you the link to read, mark, inwardly digest and enjoy, on cold winter evenings, when pursuit of more educational and soul-satisfying literature just leaves you fed-up to the back teeth.... have fun!

For more info.on he Author, check this out..... :)

* Look up: Armour, Scriptures, Faith and Religion.... And much more besides.....!

I have had copies of it by bed and loo for years! Some of the best laughs ever, imho.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    ....And this, it seems, is then a more modern version....It had me howling, which is kinda embarassing at work...had to stop reading it, but have registered it as a firm favourite.

Just as an example, look up Beaver, Bible and Bicycle.....
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I never knew I had such a loss of command of the English language.

Good stuff for a pessimist like me.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Now ain't that funny.....? I saw it and thought of you.....!!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    It is funny, cuz I saw it and thought of me too!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    Oh, my husband is going to love those websites. Those were hilarious!
  • edited August 2006
    Did you happen to check out "tomorrow" and "yesterday" on the more modern version that you gave the link to? LOL!