Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ryan's Well - A Touching Story

edited August 2006 in General Banter
If any of you have time, this is a great story to read.

http://www.readersdigest.ca/mag/2001/01/ryan.html

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Now that's what being a bodhisattva is all about!

Palzang
  • edited August 2006
    That's exactly what I thought too.
  • edited August 2006
    very cool story........I thought the same thing too.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Ryan doesn't live far from me. The TV station that interviewed him was CJOH, one of the only channels I get because I have an antenna. I saw that interview and his story always makes me cry. He's a hero.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Wow........:bowdown:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    His parents should be lauded for their wisdom in treating Ryan like a grown up and not crushing his faith in his own abilities to get things done as well as the support they provided their compassionate and loving little boy. Smart people, smart community. It's smart to listen to the wishes of little children and turn these wishes into projects that can actually be fulfilled. Kids have a lot to teach their parents.
  • edited August 2006
    What a fantastic kid.

Yoda, did ya have to post that? With my hormones, I'm sitting here :bawling::bawling::bawling::D

Sas
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    A little child shall lead them.
    Isaiah 11:6
  • edited August 2006
    What a fantastic kid.

Yoda, did ya have to post that? With my hormones, I'm sitting here :bawling::bawling::bawling::D

Sas

Sorry! :) I was weeping too!

Here he is again:

http://www.ryanswell.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=50

What a sweet little boy. His story truly inspired me and my husband. Last night, we sat down with Emma and expalined to her that some children don't have food, water, clothes, etc. We kept it all in simple terms because she is only 3 years old. So we told her that we would be giving her money for chores, and if she wanted to, she could donate some of her money to a charity. So she sat there and thought, and then grabbed her piggy bank and started to empty it out. We gave her two jars - one for her, and one for other children that needed it. I was cracking up for a bit because when she started, she was putting handfuls of money into her jar, and only one penny was in the other jar. LOL! Then she started to divide the money up evenly, and it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. We told her that when her jar was full, we would donate the money to a charity for children. I think we are going to use Ryan's Well Foundation, but we'll let her pick.
  • edited August 2006
    A little child shall lead them.
    Isaiah 11:6

That's so very true, Simon. Thank you for that.