Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bible...and Aliens?

edited January 2007 in Buddhism Today
I heard about this website on the radio this morning..thought you might like some humor.

www.bibleufo.com
:lol:

Comments

• edited June 2005
    Hatched, born, created or flown in on a starship. how would this knowledge affect this,the only moment I have? "Digging eons deep into the earth they find the bones of a man next to a calaksackamustysauros!" and this ends my suffering how? :banghead:

have a great moment!

^gassho^
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Maybe if you knew it and beleived it, it woud end your suffering? Who knows?
  • edited June 2005
    My mind is the cause of my suffering. but the old saying "self knowledge avails us nothing" comes quickly to mind. any thing I find outside of myself becomes something I can blame.

lifting the veil of knowledge. I am.

^gassho^

p.s. besides I just thought a little wise arse was in order :vimp:
    edited June 2005
    I can spend all day reading your responses and by the end of the day you leave me with more questions. LOL
  • edited June 2005
    :banghead: :bigclap: :lol: :bowdown: ahhh now were getting somewhere!! rofl. we got here by questioning so why stop now? I do not mean to be cryptic in my words, just trying to show you the path I walk. thank you for your words and thoughts!

a deep and profound ^gassho^ to you
    edited June 2005
    Well I enjoy your responses. I feel they get me going to where I need to be. I tell pass it along to people in my everyday life and I think they look at me the way I look at you. I thank you for getting me thinking. My Grandmaster always said to better my Kung Fu I would only be able to do it by training with someone better. It is the same here. There are members here that are more experienced and I learn from you all and it helps me a lot. I used to like to visit this one sex forum but now I just don't care about it. I would rather spend my internet time here learning. I am seeing what you were saying about the lust issue. Not totally but I am seeing a part of it.
  • edited June 2005
    Wolf...you're right that being hatched or grown has no bearing on your suffering. However, emptiness does not necessarily mean ignoring the past. We can reflect on the past as long as we don't allow it to take on a crystalline form in our minds that simply creates more duality. There is a fine line between analyzing the past and obsessing over the past.
    It seems to me that analysis is zazen if the right mind is used...free of attachment...thoughts coming and going of their own accord without being clung to.
    Or maybe I just didnt get enough sleep last night.
  • edited June 2005
    I got no sleep last night so I'll attempt a reply?! emptiness to me means not bringing preconcieved notions and ideas to the table. when I say i know something then I wont listen to you because my mind already knows. If I bring subject object with me then I see you as other and me as me. i.e. "I'm from the bekka bekka clan and everyone knows we are so much smarter than the dark crusader clan" This is the action of my mind and I choose to not BE my mind. I choose to dig with the shovel rather than the other way round. hmmm. did I lose my train of thought ..lol..this is of course for me my lifes koan. to use the mind as a tool explore discover and question but not to concretize any of the answers. I really really want to remember what an oreo cookie tasted like for the firsttime.....everytime! thanks for your insight batman

^gassho^
  • edited January 2007
    I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS A SPACE CADET ! AN ALIEN BUDDHIST ! THIS WOULD EXPLAIN ALOT !:grin: