Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation to fight illness

Recently the majority of my family has been overcome by a stomach illness. I'm afraid that the longer I stay in this sick house, the more likely I am to catch the sickness. Is there a practice to fight off the illness possibly?

Comments

• Sorry I hadn't seen the other thread like this.
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    I wish I knew one, I am stuck in bed now because of a severe upset stomach :(
  • Not really, just take a practical approach and try to be helpful to your family but at the same time be very hygienic, keep your distance and just have common sense. Meditation is great for a variety of things, and yes there is a link between the mind and body. But there was a saying someone said on a forum years ago I remember well. Meditation is like a cell phone, it is good for calling people and playing games on, but you can't wash your car with it. Meditation isn't the answer for everything, and there are a lot of things beyond your control.