Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

age 18 circumcision and health

edited September 2006 in General Banter
well im back..

im the mom that didnt have her son circumsized and commented a few
times on "circumsision and health"
today my son informed me and asked to.. "why i didnt have him done"
and stated that he has been thinking about this for a bit..and is perhaps
just thinking it might be something he wants done..
a friend of mine suggested he read our board.. great idea.. and he is all
for it.. as there was some comments pro and againest.

i was thinking if anyone knew a teenager that had these concerns or maybe
their own boy.. they could add thier comments here..

thanks guys..

Comments

• XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Best wishes to him-he's eighteeen now-it's his decision. Well done for letting him have the choice rather than doing it when he was a baby and totally out of his control!

Like I've said on many occasions, I'm not against anyone of reasonable intelligence and of legal age to make the choice to have their bodies modified, only when another FORCES their child/baby that's when I hit the roof.

regards,
    Xrayman
  • edited September 2006
    thanks xray. .. and anyone who responds to this.

johnny will be checking in to see what responses are here.. and being a mom
    that means alot to me..

actually im hoping he likes the board and becomes a member..lol
    but never the less..
    thanks again.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I wonder what he's going to think when the operation is said and done with....

Remember... Fizzer did it as an adult and was SHOCKED at the end result. Not to scare anyone off because we have to remember that as an adult, any sort of surgery is going to leave scars that will need to heal.

But, I think he said it kind of looked like Frankenstein for a couple of days. And... that there was the whole issue of getting that tissue at the end of yer Johnson used to not being protected all the time. He said it took awhile to get used to that.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    My eyes are watering, and I have the strange desire to cross my legs....!! :lol:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    However, on the other hand, bf, if you keep the foreskin after the surgery, you can make a nice wallet/suitcase out of it!

Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    That is the thing I guess. This would be something to keep in mind if you have it done, For years all has been nice and protected-now it's, well an open sore...ouch.

Then there's the midnight erection situation over the next couple of weeks to contend with.. ripping the wound open over and over and over again (sounds nasty?) teehee.

best wishes!
  • edited September 2006
    I was circumcised apparently shortly after birth seeing as I have no memory. I have no problem with my parents having done that. One less thing to clean and one less thing to be self-counscious about with women down the road. I would be more scared to do it as an adult personally.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Yeah, it's much more dangerous for an adult actually. More chance of infection, etc. Of course, sometimes they botch them with the babies also...

Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    yes partial amputation has occurred! (in babies).

Also I went to school with a guy who was only half-circumcised, the doctor botched it when he was done as an infant-holy sh**!
    edited September 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    However, on the other hand, bf, if you keep the foreskin after the surgery, you can make a nice wallet/suitcase out of it!

Palzang

True.

I once heard a story of a man who had a wallet made out of foreskins. One then only needed to rub it a bit to have it transform into a suitcase.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    *ba-dah-bum!!*

If only......:tonguec:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    colleen wrote:
    well im back..

im the mom that didnt have her son circumsized and commented a few
    times on "circumsision and health"
    today my son informed me and asked to.. "why i didnt have him done"
    and stated that he has been thinking about this for a bit..and is perhaps
    just thinking it might be something he wants done..
    a friend of mine suggested he read our board.. great idea.. and he is all
    for it.. as there was some comments pro and againest.

i was thinking if anyone knew a teenager that had these concerns or maybe
    their own boy.. they could add thier comments here..

thanks guys..

A serious question which appears to have had some pretty puerile answers - all of which will only serve to convince this young man that we are a bunch of lame adults! The jokes make it clear that the very thought of circumcision addresses deep castration issues.

However, Colleen, my sons asked for circumcision when they were 10 and 11, respectively. They are now in their thirties (apparently! they are still my babies, tho') and I asked them about this, when I read it. They tell me that they found thge new look of their penises rather surprising at first, that they were sore for a while but that they are glad they had taken this decision and had it done. My eldest is expecting his first child any day soon and I asked him about it for a son, if such appears. His reply warmed my heart: "We'll wait until he's old enough to decide for himself if there is no other reason for it."

Both my wives and a number of my lovers have commented on having a preference for the circumcised, although I have had a couple who were less sure.

I don't know if this comment helps the young man but it is offered woth love.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    True.

I once heard a story of a man who had a wallet made out of foreskins. One then only needed to rub it a bit to have it transform into a suitcase.

-bf

Yeah, that's the joke I was referring to, in my own cryptic fashion!

Palzang
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    ::

Body modification is big these days, didn't you know? The ownership of the decision is signifcant. If people can insert metal, ink and other objects into their skin, then what is a few cm of skin? Granted, we guys do get a little protective about our bits.

BTW, uncut friends of mine say they think the sensitivity would be diminished, but I don't think I have been hampered in that regard. Au contraire, baby.

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006

A serious question which appears to have had some pretty puerile answers - all of which will only serve to convince this young man that we are a bunch of lame adults! The jokes make it clear that the very thought of circumcision addresses deep castration issues.

But we are all lame adults, Simon!

Serially though, whenever this question arises (if you'll excuse the pun), I guess I really don't understand why it seems so important, quite honestly. To me it's sort of a non-issue. Nothing to do with castration issues, more like, what difference does it make? Maybe I'm missing something, I dunno. I was circumcised at birth and have no memory of it, and I've never wondered what it would have been like to not have it done. I don't think less of someone because they have a foreskin (assuming I even know it). To me it seems more hygenic to not have one, but it's still not a big deal. So I guess I'm just weird and insensitive or something. It's kind of like deciding whether to have long hair or short hair.

Palzang
    edited September 2006
    I have to say I feel the same when I go into e-sangha and I read yet another thread (generated by males..... I'm sorry, but there you are.....) on the topic on masturbation....:banghead:
    Is there a fixation?

Nobody here seems to have ever mentioned it, or been troubled about it.....:grumble:
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    federica wrote:

I have to say I feel the same when I go into e-sangha and I read yet another thread (generated by males..... I'm sorry, but there you are.....) on the topic on masturbation....:banghead:
    Is there a fixation?

Nobody here seems to have ever mentioned it, or been troubled about it.....:grumble:

OT?

edited September 2006
    federica wrote:
    Is there a fixation?

I agree about the masterbation thing. I'm glad it doesn't come up here much. If you want to masterbate with or without pliers, it's completely up to you.

But as for the circumcision thing, it's something about our bodies. Americans spend thousands of dollars a year getting bits and pieces fixed (am I right, ladies???) to make them feel better about themselves.

If it's something you wish to do - I suggest you think about it - know the facts - make up your mind and leave it at that. After all - it's your body and your decision.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    federica wrote:

So...would you like us to be? :smilec:

Palzang
  • edited September 2006
    thanks simon!!!!!

yes i was begining to wonder what my son was goin to think when he read these
    posts.. however it is what it is..
    but i do appreciate your seriousness..

and palzang.. yes to me it does seem like long hair, short hair,
    but its a teenager with a concern.. a deep concern..
    its not me.
    so i dont take it lightly..
    edited September 2006
    I think that's a good way to view it, Colleen.

What is important to one person may not necessarily be that important to another. We have to recognize that different people may not see things the way that we do - and that is neither here nor there. If your son was following some certain tradition or teaching - you might be able to discuss this matter with them. But, for this point in time, it's your son's body and how he feels about it, how it affects him and how others perceive it and possibly comment on it. It's his choice.

There is a lot of random nonsense on this thread regarding this request - but there are some good points as well as the points made, regarding this topic, on other threads.

Whatever he chooses - I hope that he is happy with the outcome.

-bf
  • edited September 2006
    The assertion that it causes health problems is like saying that you need all your teeth pulled or you'll get cavities. With a reasonable amount of hygeine, and not running around like a Viking, someone who's uncircumsized should be fine. It is a holdover from a primitive religious belief, the same as any other genital mutilation, the only difference is degree.

Anyway, guys have been running around with foreskins for hundreds of thousands of years, and the only ones who had any problems didn't know to properly clean themselves. In this time of Axe Body Spray and the ubiguitous "metrosexual," I doubt your son will go around stinking like a Sasquatch much. My 2 cents.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Yeah, but smegma is gross! :eek2:

Sorry all...

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I love that word! lol!! It's hilarious! Smegma! It's soooo funny!

Sorry...my bad. I'll go now...
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Please! Don't get me started! I do have vows, ya know!

Palzang
    edited September 2006
    Good point.

I bet the pharmacutical companies would love being able to make a whole new set of "stats" for another gender...

Williestat
    Knobstat
    Smegastat

Curious.

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I was born without eyelids. so they used the skin from the circumcision to give me some new ones.

I'm afraid I'm a little cock-eyed now.

Want silliness?, you got it.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    federica wrote:
    Is there a fixation?

I'm not sure what you mean, Fede.

Are you stating the lack of discussion on masturbation, or the effects of masturbation between Circumcised vs. Uncircumcised?:eekblue:

P.S. I'm not troubled by masturbation, in fact I quite enjoy it. hahahaha:woowoo:
    P.P.S Did I just write that??:nonono:

I'm having waaay too much fun with these smileys:cheer:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    sorry I think the penny just dropped...sorry Fede
  • edited September 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    I was born without eyelids. so they used the skin from the circumcision to give me some new ones.

I'm afraid I'm a little cock-eyed now.

That's absolutely awful!

By which I mean awfully funny.

I love and hate puns...
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Oh, but I HAVE INCREDIBLE FORESIGHT!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Did you make these jokes up, Xray? If you did, kudos! They're pretty good. lol!
    edited September 2006
    Too much information, Xray...

Too much information...

-bf
  • edited September 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Remember... Fizzer did it as an adult and was SHOCKED at the end result. Not to scare anyone off because we have to remember that as an adult, any sort of surgery is going to leave scars that will need to heal.

But, I think he said it kind of looked like Frankenstein for a couple of days. And... that there was the whole issue of getting that tissue at the end of yer Johnson used to not being protected all the time. He said it took awhile to get used to that.

-bf

Hello! I'm back !
    Sorry I've been absent - busy at work and home, etc but now here I am again!

Any hoo......I was "done" at 21 (for medical reasons - not really by choice) and yep, it hurt and yes, the first time I took my bandages off I cried as I wasn't told what to expect! :bawling:
    However, it didn't take long to get better.

Here's what they didn't tell me pre-op :

a. You will need stitches.
    b. It is very likely to get infected while healing.
    c. The first time you take your bandages off you'd better be prepared for a bit of a shock!
    d. The stitches will hurt like (insert expletive of your choice here) first thing in the morning (if you get my drift!).
    e. The oversensitivity bit only lasts a few days as your newly exposed bits and bobs get used to the feeling of clothing - boxer shorts are a godsend !

I don't want to put anyone off having it done, it's just better that you know what to expect. As I said, it didn't take too long to heal, the first few days were the worse - a good excuse to stay in bed and rest!! :grin:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I didn't expect it to tickle!

hey friz, welcome back.

now what about the "use" of the organ now? With respect to sensitivity? If you don't mind me being so blunt, however the gentleman who is supposed to read this will want to know-I'm sure.

I don't want to get too "mechanical", but I have heard a rumour that when you are cut, you require (and I'm reallly trying to not get graphic) extra lubrication? is this correct?
  • edited September 2006
    Hi X, I've not heard the lube rumour before but, no, personally I haven't needed to resort to that.
    As for sensitivity, there is no doubt in my mind that you do lose some as the newly exposed bits get used to the feeling of clothing etc.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    okay Frizz.

Thanks for the candid response.

okay that is my theory (sensitivity issue) almost proven, there is an actul psychological concept about sensitivity of the body-can't find anything on it however it goes something like, Put on your clothes in the morning and within a few minutes-you end up feeling their presence-no more! do you get what I mean? your body gets USED to it. Tactile insensitivity?

It could be that I'm a man- we have no sensitivity.:eek2: