Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Death of the Crocodile Hunter

2»

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I was thinking the same thing. How in the world did she get through that? What a little sweetheart.
  • edited September 2006
    I was talking about this with my other half recently :poke: I'm pretty sure everyone thought the dude was a little over the top while he was here with us, but most of us don't appreciate the good things when we have them. This whole situation kinda reminds me of the way that most peices of art, no matter how brilliant, usually are only appriciated and prized after the artist dies. I know I always just thought Steve was a nutter, now I realise the good things that he did for the world, and the good person that he was:) RIP Steve
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    ditto.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Well last night I saw Terri Irwin interviewed by Ray Martin (famous Aussie reporter), I must admit there was a few times something got into my eye and I needed a tissue...but I'm okay now.

She's a brave woman and so are her/his children.

Peace.
  • edited September 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    Well last night I saw Terri Irwin interviewed by Ray Martin (famous Aussie reporter), I must admit there was a few times something got into my eye and I needed a tissue...but I'm okay now.

She's a brave woman and so are her/his children.

Peace.

I saw the hour special on 20/20 with Barbra Walters and Terry, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Terry said that her daughter said, " Mommy don't worry daddy will always be with us." Sounds like her dad taught her well with the time he had.
  • edited September 2006
    I was just going to post about this today. My husband and I watched the Barbara Walters interview as well. And there was not a dry eye in our house either. Steve Irwin definitely LIVED his life. What an amazing person. Terry is a strong woman and so brave for doing that interview. And good for her for keeping his burial, etc private. And little Bindi is so amazing!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    That's one very attractive daughter you have there Yoga (or was that you a few years ago?)
  • edited October 2006
    wow, I just now watched the clip of Bindi speaking about her Dad and she is so upbeat about it, not letting her suffering show. She is just as amazing as her Dad was. Sorry I need a tissue now.... :(
  • edited October 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    That's one very attractive daughter you have there Yoga (or was that you a few years ago?)

Thanks, Xrayman. That is my little girl, and not me! She is way prettier than me. :) She's only 3 1/2 years old, but she just looks so grown up to me in that picture! It happens way too fast.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    She would make an ideal model for clothes catalogues etc. She reminds me of a blonde version of my own daughter, although she is a little older than that-she's 12.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    She does look especially beautiful in that pic, Yoga. And she really does look a lot more grown up in it than in the others. Surely she hasn't grown that much just over the summer?? Oh, impermanence! The look on her face and in her eyes is so calm and wise. Before Buddhism I would have said that she looks like a very wise old soul. And her hairstyle is just like Sandy's in Grease!! I worshipped Olivia Newton-John when I saw that movie for the first time!! I wanted to be blond so badly. lol!!
  • edited October 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    She would make an ideal model for clothes catalogues etc. She reminds me of a blonde version of my own daughter, although she is a little older than that-she's 12.

I worry about having a daughter in this crazy world! Don't you?? I did the modeling thing and I am not sure I want to put my daughter through that. LOL! Actually, it was fun doing it. Maybe we will look into it for her. Maybe it can help pay her way into college when she gets older.
  • edited October 2006
    Brigid, yes, I am afraid she has grown that much. :( I hate it!! She is growing up way too fast. I used to love Olivia Newton John as well! She is a beautiful lady!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    OMG! I originally wrote this long post about how my two cousins, who are identical twins, did some modeling when they were kids and made enough money for university and they were also able to buy their first cars etc. but I lost it when I got kicked offline. lol! They had fun doing it, too, and it taught them poise and self confidence. It was an all around good experience. They told me that the industry is very different for kids than it is for adults because there are such strict child labour laws in North America and they didn't have to work very often. Emma's definitely got the features for modeling. She's such a little beauty!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Yoga, I agree that it is a worry having daughters in this world-on many levels. There is however a great concern that I have with modelling children and pageants (not that we have them in Aus) etc.

just one nagging issue with the whole child star thing....The tradgedy associated with Jon Benet.

That's all I'm saying.
  • edited October 2006
    xray - I agree completely about the pageant thing. But I am ok with her maybe doing some catalog modeling or that sort of thing. We'll see. :)