Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Starter programme?

edited September 2006 in Sanghas
I was just wondering about the feasibility of having an on-line course on buddhism associated with this forum. My brother takes part in such an on-line course on a Wiccan forum, and it just seemed like a good idea.

I've learnt lots just browsing the discussions but I learn more from structured lessons. Also it might give a sense of commitment, something i definetely need to trick myself away from my malaise.

I know it would require a lot of input from some of our more learned members but it might help people (like me) make an important step on the middle path.

No idea how the curriculum would be agreed though...

Anyway, hope it doesn't sound too daft an idea.

Comments

• questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I haven't seen others refer to the Ashoka e-University on-line, but I think it's a nice collection of online courses & info from what seem to me very knowledgeable folk. Plus it's f-r-e-e, functioning via donation only.

Has anyone else seen this rather than sitting their behinds down for meditation?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Yes, I came across Ashoka a few weeks ago and I'm looking into it.
  • edited September 2006
    Thanks guys, looks good, i'm gonna check it out.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Just enrolled! woohoo

is that really immature? whoops.
  • edited September 2006
    Xrayman

Would you let us know how you get on? I'm thinking of enrolling on a course there too.

Thanks

Martin.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    yo martin.

no worries.

go here. http://www.ashokaedu.net

goto the upper left of the screen to the spot that says " Course Catalog". pick the one you want to do.

Enroll, and create a username/password.

all done-hope this helps:wavey:
  • edited September 2006
    Xrayman

Thanks. When I looked at it, the forums are closed "due to an attack of Spam". Or is this only for those who are not enrolled and have a log in? Presumably part of what makes it a course, rather than simply a series of web pages, is the ability to discuss it with others doing the same.

Martin.