Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Corporation

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited September 2006 in Sanghas
I just watched an interesting DVD about corporations in the US.

If you've never thought about capitalism, the dollar, power, the economy or the environment, this is a good movie to watch.

I recommend this as a renter.

http://www.thecorporation.com/index.php?page_id=57

-bf

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    It should be required viewing for all adults over 16 on this planet. It's critical information.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    maybe if you are a capitalist.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    maybe if you are a capitalist.

and maybe if you are one of the millions enslaved by the corporate system.
  • edited September 2006
    I need to rent this and V for Vendetta.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Have you seen it, Xray? Because it's certainly not what I think you think it is. It's the most searing indictment of the modern global economy that I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them. It's also mesmerizing and hopeful. You can't take your eyes off the screen when you watch it. I don't know who the people were who made it but my hat's off to them.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    *tongue in cheek* humble apologies-No I haven't seen it. But I think Groundhog Day should be made essential viewing for those that think Samsara is non-existant.

cheers,
    love you all,
    Xray
  • edited September 2006
    I'll check this one out, thanks for the recommendation :)

It's probably going to be right up my alley because I already have issues with materialism, capitalism, consumerism and corporations, but those are all completely different stories and I've got many more to add to the list.