Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just a quick...

edited September 2006 in General Banter
... THANK YOU to anyone and everyone on this site that has helped answer questions for me. I really appreciate all that you've done. THANK YOU!

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I'd like to add my own expression of gratitude as well -- if for nothing else than for you all simply being who you are (though there is certainly more for me to thank you for!). It's a joy for me to just visit this site and feel like part of a community -- it helps with the loneliness (especially in these first couple of weeks at college). You guys get me laughing and thinking, and for that I am very appreciative. I just hope that I'll be able to find some way to repay all of you who have been such blessings to me -- and to us all.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    rambling-

I notice you're in St. Mary's City. When I lived in Maryland (up to 1997 when I moved to Sedona) that was one of my favorite places. I assume from your post that you're going to college there? Good one, I hear. Anyway, good to have both of you around.

Palzang
  • edited September 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    I assume from your post that you're going to college there? Good one, I hear.

Yep, that's right. I don't know much as colleges go (having next to no experience), but it does indeed seem like an excellent establishment -- I've been very impressed (and challenged) by the professors so far. And the campus is beautiful, absolutely beautiful! There's not a day I go without smiling -- really smiling -- at least once, even when I had to walk to classes across campus through the veritable hurricane that blew through here last week. I don't know what I'd do without the natural charm of the place.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    The beauty of the campus can be such a huge help in keeping the spirits up when we're worried and lonely, can't it, Rambling? I'm so glad for you that you have a beautiful place in which to learn and grow.

It's funny to come across this thread because just yesterday I was having a big appreciation moment for my sangha here. I realized for the first time just how rare and beautiful our group really is and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have found it. Or more accurately, I couldn't think of what I had done in the past to lead me here to all of you today. When I think about it, I don't know anyone who has a group of friends as big, compassionate and true as we do. It's probably a pretty rare thing. And when you start thinking about our group dynamic it really is kind of mind blowing, isn't it? I'm very, very grateful for, and to, all of you.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2006
    For those of you not familiar with St. Mary's City, it was the original capital of the colony of Maryland. Here is where the Ark and the Dove landed, the ships which brought the first colonists. It lies in extreme Southern Maryland on the western side of Chesapeake Bay on St. Mary's River, coincidentally. It is kept up to maintain a feel and look of the old days, and they have an actually sailing replica of the Dove there. The college is a small liberal arts school that is very progressive and has an excellent reputation. Just thought you'd like to know...

Palzang