Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Question for Brian

edited September 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
Is there a way of writing a script to make it so you can respond to threads you've subscribed to via e-mail?

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2006
    I'll look into it. :)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2006
    Alright, I looked into it.

They do have a hack that allows this, but there are two reasons I won't install it:

1) It is a beta version, and has been in beta for quite a while (over a year) - so that means it's not ready for primetime, and could possibly break the site

2) It involves code modification that I'm not comfortable with. I have security concerns with the particular method it uses to post the replies, so unless they change the way it works, I'm not going to be installing this hack :(

Sorry :(
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    is it possible for a complete fool such as myself to screw it up? if so-better leave it alone...I can't be trusted.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Plus, I know that Looking For Answers is a lazy bastard and it would mean that he wouldn't be coming out here to waste his time looking at all my drivel.

Thank you for reading my drivel, LFA.

-bf
  • edited September 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Plus, I know that Looking For Answers is a lazy bastard and it would mean that he wouldn't be coming out here to waste his time looking at all my drivel.

Thank you for reading my drivel, LFA.

-bf

uuuuhh huu huu you said drivel!

Brian, thanks for looking into it though! It would have been cool if they had an "unbreakable" version.