Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Celtic Buddhism

edited September 2006 in Buddhism Basics
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this thread. Sorry if I'm wrong and please move to where ever you think best.

I came across a site several months ago that is about Celtic Buddhism. I can't say that I agree with their thoughts completely but thought it was interesting.

I do understand that many of the Celtic beliefs and symbols have been found in ancient Buddist text.

I just wondered if anyone has any knowledge on this subject.

Deb

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2006
    I googled 'Celtic buddhism' and found a couple of sites....
    I am going to refrain from comment other than to say that this type of 'Spiritual Melding' leaves me with the same impression as 'Fusion Cooking'.... you either like it, or you don't.

....I personally prefer the authentic Japanese sushi, to the more modern, western-influenced 'California roll'....
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I shall suspend my initial giggles until I have done some more checking. I have, however, found a rather loveley fusion image, using Celtic and Tibetan iconography:

Celtic Thangka

(As requested by the artist, I have not downloaded the image)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Anybody know a book called Buddhism in pre-Christian Britain?