Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

For English Football Fans.

2»

Comments

• GuiGui Veteran
    I know. I know. But I'll still take a cold can of Natty Boh with a pinch of Old Bay any day.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    Looking forward to Arsenal and Tottenham this weekend. I'm rooting for Arsenal myself (I started following them after seeing the Arsenal bit from the IT Crowd episode "Are We Not Men?").
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    As a life long Tottenham fan we will have to differ Jason... :)
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Jason said:

Looking forward to Arsenal and Tottenham this weekend. I'm rooting for Arsenal myself (I started following them after seeing the Arsenal bit from the IT Crowd episode "Are We Not Men?").

'The trouble with Arsenal is that always try to just walk it in '...
    Jason
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Not a Chelsea fan but I thought that was hard luck last night.
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Tottenham have signed Eriksen. Whether that will fill the Bale shaped hole remains to be seen.
  • Well so much for my abilities as a prognosticator...this season has the potential to be the closest and most interesting for years...
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    My Mum's an Arsenal fan, my father a Newcastle fan and myself a Man U fan. Given the three outcomes (I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know), I'm waiting eagerly for the next round.
  • Arsene pulled off a real coup getting Ozil and silencing his critics..
  • Its looking like Man City for the Premiership...damn.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Citta said:

We have ' London Pride '..it is brewed by the Thames not far from the Fulham FC ground.

Yes, and they say that "Pride comes before a fall" ;)
    I used to drink quite a lot of it in Chiswick years ago......
  • They brought out a new one at Christmas, St Nicholas Ale. I haven't tried it.
  • Citta said:

Yes I am aware that I am being extremely premature... :) But the psychological effect on tonights winners ( and losers ) I think will be far reaching..
    Particularly with Man.U.being without Sir Alex. All eyes will be on David Moyes.
    And of course Murinho knows the Chelsea dynamics well.
    I must say I remain unconvinced by your bloke Rogers...but we'll see. You have had a good start.
    Im a Tottenham man...I think we will do well to get to the Europa league again.

A grovelling admission re Brendan Rogers. He is a brilliant manager and has built a superb team.
    I can see them getting to Europe, unfortunately at the expense of Spurs...
    Citta said:

They brought out a new one at Christmas, St Nicholas Ale. I haven't tried it.

When I was growing up I drank a lot of Greene King "Abbot Ale" from Suffolk. I think it stunted my mental development but it was great fun...;)

• Ah yes, Greene King....
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited February 2014
    Jose Murinho is an expert mind game player..only Ferguson was his equal..
    He is saying that Man City will be playing 'the worst Barcelona side for years ' tonight.
    If City win he will say ' so they should ' , if they lose he will say 'what ! they couldnt beat a bad Barca ? '..
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Gold Label beer 10% (By Alcohol volume) is pretty potent stuff.... I used to serve a guy these beers and by the 4th he'd be perched on his stool... clutching the bar for support. we all knew he'd reached his limit, when he began a diatribe with "When I were a lad....." Many was the time he was subsequently taken home by his pony and trap, in a catatonic stupor....Living in a village had its merits.... :D

Sadly (or not?) the BAV has now been reduced to 7.5%.....
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Citta said:

We have ' London Pride '..it is brewed by the Thames not far from the Fulham FC ground.

May I ask where in Chiswick you used to drink @SpinyNorman? I used to live around the corner from The Bulls Head and frequented the Barley Mow far too often!
    Bunks said:

Citta said:

May I ask where in Chiswick you used to drink @SpinyNorman? I used to live around the corner from The Bulls Head and frequented the Barley Mow far too often!
    I really can't remember, it was a long time ago and I was, well, probably slightly inebriated..;)
    I used to work in Probation at the old police station in Chiswick High Road.

Bunks
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited February 2014
    So Jose M. will be gloating over Barca's 0-2 advantage going into the second round...