Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Uneasy Phobia Feeling while Meditating

Like many other people, I have this phobia centered around places like my wrist or jugular vein. Even typing this out, I get a weird feeling lol. Anyway, I get the same feeling when it comes to getting shots. And it's not simply a phobia of bleeding, because I have bled a lot before and I don't get the same feeling at all. I've been sparring in a boxing match and had my nose broken and still continued to spar. Either way, when I meditate, I sometimes get this feeling, and this part is important: It's not a feeling of bleeding from my wrists that I get, but it's the same uneasy feeling. I hope you understand that, or else there will be a lot of misunderstandings in the comments of this thread.
Here is what I think is happening:
I also get the same feeling when I try to do something involving precision with small objects, like placing painter's tape EXACTLY on a baseboard NOT touching a wall WHATSOEVER. Or putting a thread through a needle. These things take a certain type of focus that is NOT easy for me....And I know it comes from my ADD and ADHD.
When I attempt to meditate, not only does my ADD make it hard to focus on "nothing", and not have any thoughts intrude my head, but it feels like I am trying to do something like putting a needle through a thread. It is extremely hard to explain and I wish I could do it better, but I'd like to have some insight on this. I know there are some people on this site with ADD and I assume at least one of you have heard or experienced something like this.

Comments

• CittaCitta Veteran
    edited September 2013
    Can I make a suggestion @Vagabond ? Put aside any idea that you have about meditation for now. Read up on how to do metta practice..it is a kind of meditation but not one that is disorientating. You could google " Metta Bhavana ". its very grounding and soothing. It involves sending loving kindness to people in a structured way.

_/\_
  • Thank you
  • you are welcome. Try www.wildmind.org you will find metta meditation on their homepage