Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

WHAT IN THE GOOGAGILDY WHAZZAH?!

edited January 2007 in Faith & Religion
(kind of a long read)

Father and Son
East is West

Introduction

To say, "The Buddha is the Father Jesus spoke of" is considered slanderous among some western religious thinkers because they secretly cherish the misconception that causations have a divine lineage. However; to say " The Buddha is the Father Jesus spoke of " would be welcomed in most of Asia. Some of the Middle Eastern culture identifies with an Islamic Judaic God and most of them openly cherish the misconception that they have a divine lineage. To the Buddhist divine linage is not transmitted through "special" blood, rather through compassion, which leads to acts of sacrifice, and this is how anyone can be "Born into the family of Buddhas'" vimalakirti-

The merger of Christianity with Buddhism could be catastrophic for the fundamental Islamic, and Christian world in as much as 2/3 of the world's population could form a union. Also, One far-reaching effect would be Christian's thirst to preserve this "new found" holy land (Nepal) thus supporting conditions for stability in regards to the general region. The Catholic church proclaimed the Buddha a saint through migrating myths about the Buddha(Saint Josaphat) reaffirmed by another Catholic Saint(John of Damascus), even to this day the Vatican has not revoked his(Buddha) sainthood and modern Greek Christians still recite, "Saint Josaphat". Regarding Jesus' view on our capacity to know "The Father" he states that we do not know his name, form or likeness and implies this to be a fundamental secret. The reader should understand Buddhist prophecy and the Buddha's re-occurring use of the phrase,"Future Counterfeit Law" describing how the countless Buddhas and their boundless teachings are eventually mimicked by crooked and insincere monks. It is at this time when the Buddha's son has undertaken hardships to become familiar with the Sufferings of everyone, then excepting the crown of leadership as a prince is bestowed a kingdom(Lotus sutra-16). When the Buddha speaks of his only flesh son(Rahula) he mentions that nobody can understand there relationship." The covert actions of Rahula I alone am capable of knowing. He manifests himself as my eldest son, showing himself to living beings."-Buddha ,Lotus Sutra-12. The Buddha goes on to explain how his son will manifest bodies in the future, always as the son of a Buddha. Let the reader keep in mind that Jesus repeatedly told people that they don't know "the Father" his name or likeness, and all Christian denominations speculate they have his name (Jehovah, Yhaweh, Elohim) however, none claim to know the image of "the Father". Furthermore it should be known that the earliest Greek Gospels have several exclusively Buddhist terms such as the honorary title of the Buddha(Tathagata-Matthew 23:10). The Christian rosary was originally used by Buddhist and named japa-mâlâ ('rose-garland) consisting of 108 beads. The Christian Trinitas (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) appears over 500 years after the Buddhist Triratnas (Buddha, Dharma, Sangha) As Scholars have noted when counting the New Testament verses we can see how the authors repeatedly coded 108(3/9/27/54) including the epistle of James that has 108 verses total.

If we make the supposition that the Buddha is the Father, and Jesus is the Son, then we have to edify Jesus' relation to the Old Testament Doctrines. We must also take into account the Bodhisattvas (Jesus) skill in adapting to the people to be instructed (He may appear as Ishvatar (creator God) or the son of a king, or a begger-Vimalakirti sutra (conform by means of non-conformity-avatamasaka sutra). When Jesus speaks to his disciples he refers to Moses' law as "their law"(John 15:25), and to the lay folk He refers to Moses' law as "your law"(John 10:34). When referring to Moses' law, he never says," The law my father gave to Moses". And when Jesus is Questioned about the most important commandments he dose not mention any of the Ten Commandments rather he picks a Buddhist maxim (Mark 12:29)..

Law of Moses, eye for an eye

Law of Jesus, turn the other cheek

Law of Moses, give 10% to the church

Law of Jesus, give all you have to the poor

Law of Moses, sacrifice animals as offerings

Law of Jesus, sacrifice sins as offerings

Law of Moses, adulterer stoned to death

Law of Jesus, Adulterer reproached in private, and forgiven

There are numerous instances of Jesus questioning Moses' law. Did God change his mind? Rather Jesus spoke to these people through the popular religion of the time. Just as the Buddha sometimes borrowed the Hindu hierarchy while simultaneously showing the flaws of the caste system (they appear according to the peoples mental capability, sometimes they engage in politics, or they may join a strange cult, while all along they praise the Buddha vehicle-Avatamsaka sutra). We see the Old Testament Law forbid the use of body markings (Tattoos) only to find the hero in revelations has several markings (Tattoos) on himself.

1.One of many sons

Today many Christians claim that Jesus was God's only son, and was always perfect. However if we look at Isaiah 7:15. "Before the boy (Emanuel (Jesus) rejected the wrong and chose the right, for before the boy is old enough to reject the wrong and choose the right ". We can see that Jesus was in deed a human, who at one point struggled. Just as the Buddha struggled as a Bodhisattva in previous existences. In Genesis 6 we see "sons of God" or nephilm (Heaven to Earth). Jesus referred to himself as the "son of man", and God addressed Isaiah and Ezekiel as "son of man". In Mathew 17:25 Jesus speaks of "sons" of the king being exempt from tax. And to re-affirm the Fathers equal love to all Jesus say's," He lets the sun shine on the just and the wicked". Some people suppose that Jesus is Gods' favorite son, and some people maintain that it is slanderous to say "God is partial". "The rain pours down on all equally, however certain growth with well established roots retain more water according to there capability"-nirvana sutra. The rain is Love, and the certain growth with well established roots are Great Beings. If we de-humanize Jesus by saying," He is Gods only son" then how can we set our hearts to attain his magnificent status? We could only imitate his holy state, and any attempt to do so would fall short of Jesus' self-realization of divine knowledge. On the contrary Jesus viewed everyone with an equal and loving eye. The Gospel of John is unique because of its use of several distinct Coptic terms such as, Logos (word) and Mono-Genera ('one begotten'). However the word found in the original Greek text is Mono-Genos ('one kind'). Modern translations turn mono(one) into "one and only". To prevent a schism, the majority of Christian and Catholic churches have denied well found historical facts that show a pre Christ Egyptian cult frequently using,' Mono-Genera-Theo' as there soul theological maxim. And 500 years later a stronger and more unified cult petitioned the Roman emperor Arius for submitting the gospel of John. The Nicene council (400AD) revised the gospel of John to make it standard and uniform. The Buddha mentions an incalculable number of sons propagating the Dharma each in their respective land. Their being no distinction between Jesus and the Buddha's sons how could Jesus be identified as an individual? Rather Jesus' true identity is to be found in the collective of the Buddha's sons (sons of God).

Only begotten son?

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Ro 8:14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Ro 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Finally, it needs to be pointed out that Jesus is not the only one to be described as,"mono genos" in the Greek new testament, "mono genos" is used 20 times describing offspring and for some reason

Mono Genos is found 20 times in the NT as follows. Matt. 13:47, Mark 7:26, Mark 9:29, Acts 4:6, Acts 4:36, Acts 7:13, Acts 7:17, Acts 12:26, Acts 17:28, Acts 17:29, Acts 18:2, Acts 18:24, 1 Cor. 12:10, 1 Cor. 12:28, 1 Cor. 14:10, 2 Cor. 11:26, Gal. 1:14, Php. 3:5, 1 Pet. 2:9, Rev. 22:16.

2. Esoteric teachings

Jesus said," In my father's house their are many rooms".

"At that time in the Buddha's presence there was a tower adorned with seven treasures, it was 1000 miles in height and 500 miles in width and volume. It rose up out of the earth and stood suspended in the air, its many rooms adorned with the seven precious jewels "-Lotus sutra

</span>And Jesus said," The Light shines in the darkness, however; the darkness

Comprehendith it not"-John 1:5

The Buddha told Ananda " When you meet a blind man and ask him what he sees, he will tell you there is nothing but darkness in front of him.

Ananda said," If a blind man sees nothing but darkness before him, how can this be called seeing?"

The Buddha said," Ananada, when a blind man used to see only darkness suddenly recovers his sight and sees everything clearly, if you say that it is his eyes which see, then when a man who saw darkness in a dark room suddenly lights a lamp which enables him to see what is there, you should say that it is the lamp that sees, therefore, you should know that while the lamp can reveal form, seeing comes from the eyes but not from the lamp. Likewise, while your eyes can reveal form, the nature of seeing comes from the mind and not the eyes."

Jesus said," Both heaven and earth shall pass away, however the truth will last forever"

Buddha said," All of these heavens are temporary"-Surangama. Buddha said," the truth abideth forever"-Gospel of the Buddha

Buddha said, "My doctrine is like unto fire which consumes all things that exist between heaven and earth, great and small."

Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."-Gnostic Thomas

Jesus said, "Blessed is he who came into being before he came into being" Gnostic Thomas

Jesus said, "Before Adam ' I am"

Buddha said," You should not say, the Tathagata is born neither should you say that he is unborn"-Lankavatara

Buddha said, "For limitless kalpas I have resided on the divine vulture peak as well as every other place in space"-lotus

Jesus said, " Turn over a stone and I am there" Gospel Thomas

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom." Gnostic Thomas

Buddha said," He develops the base of power endowed with concentration founded on discrimination & the fabrications of exertion, thinking, 'This discrimination of mine will be neither overly sluggish nor overly active, neither inwardly restricted nor outwardly scattered.' He keeps perceiving what is in front & behind so that what is in front is the same as what is behind, what is behind is the same as what is in front. What is below is the same as what is above, what is above is the same as what is below. By night as by day, and by day as by night. By means of an awareness thus open & unhampered, he develops a brightened mind."

Jesus Said," I tell you the truth, you have seen and believed but blessed are those who do not see me and believe

The Buddha Said," perverted are those who see the Buddha in form"-Gospel of Buddha. The Vimalikirti sutra explains a unique expedient where the Buddha eradicates the disciples' attachment to the Buddha, thus enabling the disciple to see the Buddha in the formless.

Jesus said, "Woe to those who have seen the Son of Man; blessed will they be who have not seen the man, and they who have not consorted with him, and they who have not spoken with him, and they who have not listened to anything from him; yours is life! Apocrypha of James

Thomas said," Teacher, Teacher" and Jesus replied," I am not your teacher, rather you are intoxicated from the well that I am tending" Gnostic Gospel of Thomas

Buddha said," My teaching is like a raft to get you to the other side, when you get to the other side you must abandon your raft"

Jesus said, "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."

Buddha said," If I showed myself as constantly abiding, arrogance and selfishness overtake the wretched, abandoning restraint, they give themselves up to the five desires, however when they see me as extinct they lay down good roots in their search for me". -Lotus sutra

Jesus said," The path is narrow, and few are chosen"

Buddha said," Wide is Indra's net, and only a few birds escape"

Jesus said." This world is a bridge, do you build your house on a bridge?"-Gnostic Gospel of Thomas

Buddha said," All things are impermanent, therefore find the imperishable and make that your refuge"

Jesus said, "The Kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'here it is' or 'there it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

"The Bodhisattva dwells deep in the sign less, and the non-dual"-Vimalakirti sutra

Jesus said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Then the Buddha admonished the monks of the monastery for their neglect and encouraged them to nurse the sick and care for the suffering. He concluded by saying, "Whosoever serves the sick and suffering, serves me." -Gospel of Buddha

Jesus said, "Foxes have wholes and squirrels have nests, but the sun of man has no where to rest."

Vimalakirti said," The Bodhisattvas never resting, tirelessly serving all equally"

Jesus said," Some who are the farthest from God, Shall be the closest to God"

Buddha said," The Buddha neither favors the saint nor the sinner"

Buddha said," Although a monk might be close to me, if he is not well restrained, he is far from me".

Jesus said," Not everyone who say's to me "teacher" "teacher" shall enter the kingdom, rather those who do the will of the father".

Jesus said," it is a sign of a wicked generation, if they ask for a sign".

Buddha said, "In a place where there is something that can be distinguished by signs, in that place there is deception. If you can see the signless nature of signs, then you can see the Buddha."

Vimalakirti said," the Bodhisattva dwelling deep in the realm of the sign-less"

Jesus said, "Whoever has come to understand the world has found (only) a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world." Gnostic Thomas

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Buddha said, "Yes Ananda everything you see is a disease, and a canker, however your seeing essence that perceives this disease is utterly free from disease" Surangama sutra

The Buddha thought: "I have taught the truth which is excellent in the beginning, excellent in the middle, and excellent in the end; It is glorious in its spirit and glorious in its letter. But simple as it is, the people cannot understand it. I must speak to them in their own language. I must adapt my thoughts to their thoughts. They are like unto children, and love to hear tales. Therefore, I will tell them stories to explain the glory of the Dharma. If they cannot grasp the truth in the abstract arguments by which I have reached it, they may nevertheless come to understand it, if it is illustrated in parables

Jesus said, "This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."

Buddha said," These Buddha sons will be seated close to me, beneath my seat"-Surangama

Jesus said," You will see me to the right of my Fathers throne"

"Then the Earth shook and the rocks split"-Mathew 27:51(so called death of Jesus)

"The Earth shook in many ways"-Gospel of Buddha (on the Buddha's' Para nirvana"

"Pick up a stone, and I am there!"-Gnostic gospel Thomas

"Pervading all lands in space" Avatamsaka sutra (repeated use of all-pervasive and uncreated)

"For limitless kalpas I have resided on the divine vulture peak as well as every other place in space"-Lotus sutra

"All formations decay into their own roots"-Buddhist maxim

"All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, they will

be resolved again into their own roots" Gospel of Thomas

Jesus Said, "For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away"

Buddha said," Better than absolute sovereignty over the earth, better than lordship over all the worlds is the Fruit of a Stream-Winner."

Jesus, "said, Liken yourselves to foreigners; of what sort are they in the eyes of your city?" Apocrypha of James

Bodhidharma said, "The wise are always as if they were guest Yielding, like ice that is on the verge of melting"

4.Old Testament similarities with Buddhism

"Under the lotus plants he lies, hidden among the reeds in the marsh"-Job 40: 21

The first patron guide Abraham and his sister/wife Sarah are none other than an earlier myth shared by Brahmans who worshiped Brahma and his wife/sister Saravarsti.

Genesis gives no birth place for Abraham rather it states that his father was from Hanan

a large territory that covered the foothills of the Himalayas, furthermore the inhabitants of Hanan worshiped Brahma as the head of the Gods around three to five hundred years before the first written accounts of Genesis and its first use of Elohem (Gods). Unfortunately western history has given a red-headed step child label to so called "Indo-Europeans" in as much as they are the children of mixed Euro-Indo identity who migrated to summer (Sumerians) and brought with them legends of a great flood from the Himalayas(Vedas) coming out of paradise(Shangra-la). Later (pre-genesis) these new mixed ethnicities became the first great business diplomats serving as intermediates between the East-West trading routes. The Egyptian book of the dead reaffirms Abraham's birthplace as northern India and mentions how Semitic tribes respected and mocked sages and seers from northern India. And it is for this reason they adopted expectations of the Indian Kristnos (Christ) to return as he promised according to the Bhagavitta. Genesis gives us the name Havilah (Himalaya) as the first river out of Eden and describes a great mountain where jewels are found . It should be known that historians except that thousands of years before Christ Europeans, Mongols and Arabs flocked to northern India. Some suggest they were welcomed guest, and others suggest invaders, however they all agree that there was a substantial mixing of ethnicities. And at this time northern India excelled in metal making, math and language. Historians agree that Eastern and Western math (1to9) started in northern India however they fail to recognize the substantial contribution of Sanskrit (incld. Pakrit) on modern Western languages. Dr. Christian T Litdner is the first modern linguist to link numerous New Testament words to their sankrit original. Including the disciples names the authors of the Gospels and the term for New Testament (Body of the Guide)

Buddha always instructed his monks to lie on their right sides. As a gesture of respect his followers circled him to the right. Also his higher initiates paid him reverence by sitting at his right side. When asking the Earth to bear witness the Buddha placed his right hand on the ground. His hairs curl to the right. Some suggest that right-handedness developed as a representation of pure action because cultures promoted the left hand for whipping dirty areas. The direction "Right" in Buddhist gestures is an act to signify correct modes of conduct such as the noble eightfold path.

Powers of the Devil

God said to Satan," very well, then everything he has is in your hands, But on the man himself do not lay a finger"-Job

Vimalakirti said," Reverend Mahakasyapa, the devils that play the devil in the innumerable universes of the ten directions are all bodhisattvas dwelling in the inconceivable liberation, who are playing the devil in order to develop living beings through their skill in liberative technique. Reverend Mahakasyapa, all the miserable beggars who come to the bodhisattvas of the innumerable universes of the ten directions to ask for a hand, a foot, an ear, a nose, some blood, muscles, bones, marrow, an eye, a torso, a head, a limb, a member, a throne, a kingdom, a country, a wife, a son, a daughter, a slave, a slave-girl, a horse, an elephant, a chariot, a cart, gold, silver, jewels, pearls, conches, crystal, coral, beryl, treasures, food, drink, elixirs, and clothes - these demanding beggars are usually bodhisattvas living in the inconceivable liberation who, through their skill in liberative technique, wish to test and thus demonstrate the firmness of the high resolve of the bodhisattvas. Why? Reverend Mahakasyapa, the bodhisattvas demonstrate that firmness by means of terrible austerities. Ordinary persons have no power to be thus demanding of bodhisattvas, unless they are granted the opportunity. They are not capable of killing and depriving in that manner without being freely given the chance.

5. Distinct Marks

Old Testament accounts of Jesus' appearance are rare and the most detailed description can be found in Isaiah 52 including such descriptions as 1. Badly marred body 2. No kingliness that we should be attracted to him 3. we hid our faces' from him (fleshy brow), we considered him afflicted ("He may fake sickness to invoke pity in beings" -Vilmalakirti on the Bodhisattvas expedients) "better is a face of sorrow" –Ecclesiastes. Early Christian art shows Jesus holding up Buddhist hand gestures (mudra).

The book of Revelation describes Jesus as having a face like the sun (gold) bright). "His feet were like burnished bronze". "White hair" eyes like fire (red&blue)". Likewise, accounts of the Buddha describe "Bright light emanating from body' feet like Bronze' "White tuft of hair 'Violet eyes (red&blue)"

If we look at the Shroud of Turin we can see long slender fingers, long arms, well developed muscles like a lion, substantial shoulders, slender calf's (walks gently like a deer), fleshy brow, long straight frame, Long strait nose. In Buddhist thought these are defining characteristics of a great man.

6. Buddha calls himself a "Father to All"

In the Buddha's sutras we find the Buddha repeatedly calling himself a "Father to all". Did Jesus call God, Jehovah? Or Yahweh? Or Elohem (Gods)? Jesus called God the "Father" and he told the people that they don't know the father that he speaks of, nor have they seen his form (John5: 37) Also, Jesus said," You know me, and where I am from, but he who sent me is true, and you do not know him."(John7: 28)

A unique epithet reserved to the Buddha is Tathâgata literally translated as (he who has thus come, or thus gone).Pre-eminence of a universal monarch) This phrase is found in the earliest Greek gospels of Mathew 23:10 " None are above the Kategetes (Tathagata) not even the Kristnos (Christ)" Both of these words are sanskrit in origin and Kathegete only appears twice in the Bible while Christ is used often and signifies how the earliest Hebrew cults mocked indo-sophist from northern India. It should also be known that biblical scholars in general have never questioned why Jesus uses a Sanskrit title used only for the Buddha. All of modern translations substitute guide, master, teacher for the exclusively Buddhist word "Tathagata" Please note the following three translations to see how modern translators rape its essence replacing the inclusive (even) for a directive (The).

Matthew 23:10

Neither be ye called kaqhghth/v: for one is kaqhghth/v, even the Kristnos.- Greek

Neither be called masters, for one is your master, the Christ - Most modern translations

Do not call anyone Tathagata, not even me, because there is only one Tathagata -my translation

And it was with this in mind that Jesus stated, "The Father is greater than I" and "Not everyone who calls me master shall enter the kingdom, rather those who do my Fathers will". Thomas said," Teacher, Teacher" and Jesus replied," I am not your teacher, rather you are intoxicated from the well that I am tending" Gnostic Gospel of Thomas

7. Seven seals from revelation

In the Revelation of St John an angel is holding a book closely sealed with seven seals. St John is crying because he sees no one worthy to open the book and to break its seals. It can only be opened after Christ has endured more suffering. The Perfection of Wisdom is the only religious text sealed with seven seals. In explains how Ever-weeping Bodhisattva slaughtered himself in sacrifice, and how he thereby became worthy of the Perfection of Wisdom. Moreover seven is repeatedly emphasized in both texts.

"The holy Bodhisattva placed this in the middle of a pointed tower, as he has written this on golden tablets with melted gold, and sealed it with seven seals"- Perfection of Wisdom

It Should also Be known that Buddhism has four kings that are represented with the same colors as the four horsemen in the book of Revelations. Virudhaka is mostly represented with a dark blue color however the Chinese sects and the ancient Buddhist missionaries that reached Alexandria represented him as black and the leader of a large retinue of demons. Just as Jesus used the conventional dogma of his time (Judaism) the author of Revelations borrows certain imagery from the Old Testament and Buddhism.

8. Understanding the time

In the Buddha's time there was a young merchant named Purna Maitrayani Putra who made a fortune expanding the fragrant wood trade. Upon seeing the Buddha and receiving his instructions, Purina laid down his purse and beseeched the Buddha to permit him to proclaim the Buddha's' doctrine in Afghanistan.

The Buddha replied," Those people are harsh, what will you think if they spit on you?"

Purna replied," I would think to myself,' how lucky am I that these people do not beet me with a stick"

The Buddha asked," What will you, think if they attack you?"

Purna answered," I would think to myself,'how lucky am I that these people do not kill me"

The Buddha asked," What would you think if these people where to kill you?"

Purna answered, "I would think, many monks would hope for the opportunity to lay down their life for sake of the Buddha's doctrine, how lucky am I to have this opportunity."

The Buddha commented, "well said"

The Buddha describes ancient Afghanistan as harsh, and we can see the differences of the Vedic texts compared to the Old Testament texts. Vedic texts emphasize numerous meditative absorptions. However the Old Testament addresses man's struggle with the outside world, not mentioning the inside world because the appropriate conditions to support an independent contemplative where not present. A Holy man in ancient Jerusalem would certainly be crucified if he where to proclaim, "God is in you". This is the point where West dose not meet East in as much as most Eastern religions do not assume that God has a form, a face or a name, rather God is the essence of compassion that possesses a form, a face and a name (Buddhist, Jains, Taoist, certain Hindu sects). If a sage in ancient India where to proclaim, "God is in you" there would be no uproar because a religious open-mindedness pervaded the land. The land of the ancient Middle East endured frequent hardships including severe droughts and constant territorial disputes. And Just as a Lawless town is restored to law by a stern and fearful sheriff, so to it was when Moses established Marshall law, in hope that one day the people would be tamed enough to follow a higher Law. Jesus was questioned about divorce, and he replied," Moses told you this because your hearts are hard"

A 9th century Tibetan prophecy states, "When the iron bird (Eagle) flies, the Dharma [Buddhism] will go west to the land of the Red Man". Americas' creed of equality

Has no roots in the old testament law that sanctioned selective rape, slavery, and murder by a jealous God, rather Jesus and the Buddha taught a law in which all things are equal.

And just as the Buddha was the first historical figure to be represented as a rider-less horse (Caparisoned) so to dose America represents dead presidents at their funerals with a rider-less horse. Historians have long since known that triskelions triskeles, three magatamas, dharma wheels and other Buddhist symbols reached ancient Celtic cultures.

Words fall short of meaning. Take for example a Buddhist classification for Jellyfish is 'Beings who are formless yet have form'. This classification is seemingly contradictory, however if you examine the description minutely it correctly describes the Jellyfish. The Buddha urged his monks not to become entangled in the 'letter of the law' rather he instructed them to understand the 'spirit of the law'. And it is for this reason that Buddhist and some Christians easily accept Jesus as an Enlightened One and a son of the Buddha..

Conclusion

The reader should know that the previous information includes only material supporting the idea that the Buddha was the father Jesus spoke about. In regards to Christian Buddhist similarities and parallels there are many excellent books available to persons interested in this subject.

Daniel Joseph Hopkins

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Interesting...

So did the world got born 500 B.C. now? :p
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2006
    "Father" or, more definitely, "Abba" is the new name that Jesus gave to the deity that had been named Yhwh from the time of Moses, just as Mohammed named it "Allah". Each new revealer discovers a new name for deities. Always have. It sets them apart from the old beliefs. The Gnostics even had their own name for 'the Father', considering that it was not OK to use a designation of function. They called the deity Abraxas (vide Basilides).

The suggestion that the Tathagata is the god called Father ignores virtually every statement that he made about himself and I find myself neither inspired nor convinced.
  • edited January 2007
    JESUS SPOKE OFTEN ABOUT , "MY FATHER". MOHAMMED SPOKE OFTEN ABOUT, "ALLAH". SIDDHARTHA GAUTAMA'S FOCUS APPEARS MAINLY DIRECTED TOWARDS HUMAN SELF - SUFFICIENCY IN ALL ASPECTS OF ONE'S LIFE. THE PHYSICAL, SPIRITUAL & (MOSTLY) THE SUPRAMUNDANE..............PEACE - OUT- Y'ALL.........:rockon: