Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New World Order!!

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited January 2007 in General Banter
Disregarding all the usual conspiracies and NWO stuff...

Say... How many of us would oppose to a true-blue New World Order that is morally upright, democratic, just and blah-blah-blah...? (Assuming that it is possible :p Say "dream on" )

This, of course, for one could possibly bring the whole of Earth collective advantages, possibly uniting us as one people, better utilization of resources, closing in the rich-poor divide...

But we would lose the intangible value of nationhood, and have to cope with more people of more backgrounds than ever - and is this something we are prepared to accept? We can no longer lay claim to the country we belong to as ours, and the languages we use may no longer be exclusive to a race.

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Repeat after me, grasshopper:

There is no refuge in samsara.

Palzang ;)
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited October 2006
    wait, this isn't about wrestling?

nevermind then.

_/\_
    metta
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited October 2006
    ajani_mgo wrote:

Say... How many of us would oppose to a true-blue New World Order that is morally upright, democratic, just and blah-blah-blah...? (Assuming that it is possible :p Say "dream on" )

This, of course, for one could possibly bring the whole of Earth collective advantages, possibly uniting us as one people, better utilization of resources, closing in the rich-poor divide...

But we would lose the intangible value of nationhood, and have to cope with more people of more backgrounds than ever - and is this something we are prepared to accept? We can no longer lay claim to the country we belong to as ours, and the languages we use may no longer be exclusive to a race.

I, for one, would not be opposed to it; in fact, were such a goal possible, I would actively encourage and support it. I find myself increasingly quoting Diogenes these days- whenever the issue of racial identity comes up in conversation, I always say "I am a citizen of the world." I see nationhood as another aspect of self, only on a much larger scale. Since self is an illusion, nationhood should be also.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Of course nations are an illusion. Somebody draws imaginary lines on a map that have no physical correlate (usually) and says "this is ours and that is yours." Totally crazy. Now we have fools like W. trying to build a wall along the Mexican border to keep "them" out! How stupid! Besides, it won't keep anybody out.

And yes, it really is all about wrestling.

Palzang
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2006
    It's such a pity that Wee Georgie Bush has no sense of irony. The Berlin Wall came down while his father was president. He builds a US wall. Perhaps he is just imitatiing his friends in the Knesset.
  • edited October 2006
    Pardon my ignorance, but what Ajani is trying to say is what would it be like if the whole world was united under one rule? As in no more international boundaries and only one huge Pangea - tic world?
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited October 2006
    ajani_mgo wrote:

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw:
    I love America, but I think it's time we started seeing other people.

I think it would be nice if we could come together as one people, as doing so would entail a good deal of ignorance being removed. However, if what you described happened we would just be shifting to a different set of advantages/disadvantages. I'm sure it would be an improvement over the current situation, but unless humankind manages to detoxify themselves of the three poisons, brand new negative situations will arise within the new system as soon as individuals learn how to manipulate it to their own advantage.

Sorry for the pessimism, but I agree with Palzang on this one.

_/\_
    metta
  • edited October 2006
    It's such a pity that Wee Georgie Bush has no sense of irony. The Berlin Wall came down while his father was president. He builds a US wall. Perhaps he is just imitatiing his friends in the Knesset.

LOL Simon and Palzang!!! How many days are left until we are done dealing with George??? Too many, I am sure! And the things he has done will take a long time to "fix" once he is out of office.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    "Wee Georgie Bush!" lol!! SO funny!! "I love America, but I think it's time we started seeing other people." Brilliant!! LMAO!! "Repeat after me, grasshopper." LOL!! Hilarious! *snort giggle snort*

Great thread! You guys are wonderful.
  • edited October 2006
    Hey...so you guys are just gonna ignore my question?:grr: ..fine.
    (Lol..just kidding..I got the answer from Ajani himself when we went to school today,sorry!)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Ooops! Sorry, Rad. I missed it....my bad.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2006
    There is no refuge in samsara...

Oh yea, anyway, it IS about wrestling - Bush VS The World!! :p
  • edited October 2006
    Ooops! Sorry, Rad. I missed it....my bad.

I was really kidding, seriously. :)

I don;t really understand the concept so I'm just gonna move out slowly. Don't mind me folks, passing through :)
    edited October 2006
    RaD,

If you really want a serious answer to your early morning discomfort, here it is:

1. Set your alarm 20 minutes earlier;

2. Have a quick wash: face and teeth, empty your bladder;

3. Sit for 10 minutes and watch your breath;

4. Have breakfast.

I guarantee that your day will feel better.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    How many days are left until we are done dealing with George??? Too many, I am sure!

Too many to contemplate!

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    And who knows how long it'll take to deal with his legacy!
    edited October 2006
    I used to argue against the hereditary principle and for elected heads of state but Wee Georgie makes me doubt both.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2006
    "Wee Georgie" again!! lol!! I can't get enough...LMAO!! SO damn funny!!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2007
    WORLD WAR GEORGE BUSH!!!

Here's my two cents worth on this subject (the New World Order: )

http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2313 : Third post