Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

abrahamic god the creator=mahabrahma in rupa-loka?

sorry for disparaging others belief. it is maybe just a myth and not necessary in buddhist's concept, but i wanna share my opinion that abrahamic god may be the mahabrahma in rupa loka, i read about it from of a buddhist text that the beginning of a kalpa and the end of a kalpa. in the end of a kalpa everything is destroyed from lower realms to the rupa loka, and every beings are reborn in higher realms,arupa loka, above the rupa loka, while the universe we know become empty. then a kalpa begins and a universe is created from higher realms to lower realms because of karmas of every beings, additionally kalpas happen infinite times and it is like a cycle or may be like the big bangs that happes again and again according to the some scientists. a first being that is reborn in rupa loka is mahabrahma according to buddhism. then the mahabrahma thought that i am bored with alone, if there is a someone that come in here, i am pleased with that. then the other beings are reborn from the arupa loke to rupa lokas to desire realms because of their karmas. so the mahabrahma thought himself as a creator of this universe.

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    absolute said:

....but i wanna share my opinion that abrahamic god may be the mahabrahma in rupa loka, i read about it from of a buddhist text that the beginning of a kalpa and the end of a kalpa.

The Abrahmic God is considered to be eternal - there isn't an equivalent in Buddhist cosmology, where gods are said have a long but finite life span.
    See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_cosmology_of_the_Theravada_school
  • Most religions have a creation myth that includes a god. Matching the roles and attributes between cosmologies can be illuminating. If I remember my religious studies in college correctly, Elohim was the oldest and original name of the Hebrew tribal god and there's evidence He originally had a wife named Asheroth but I'm too lazy this morning to look it up. It's certain that the Hebrew tribes were polytheist up until their great exile but the monotheistic Priests later on did a pretty good hack and slash on any historical evidence. Religion is fascinating for the huge amount we don't know about how people worshiped and believed through time.