Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Morning Blues

edited November 2006 in General Banter
Is there such a thing where you wake up knowing your day is going to be bad or is it because you wake up thinking "Its gonna be bad" so you end up doing everything badly?

I had days where I wake up thinking "Alright, today I'm going to control myself and not say so much". So I'll generally start my day meeting Ajani at the bus interchange and keep quiet while he rambles on about the happenings in the forum(Trust me, he gives me daily updates of whos saying what :grin: ). Ajani attributes that to my brain taking longer to wake up.

What are you guys take on this?

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2006
    Well how did you think the day was going to start off good with it starting with Ajani?:D

-bf
  • edited November 2006
    Well how did you think the day was going to start off good with it starting with Ajani?

Haha :lol::lol:

Now why didn't I think of that?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    I used to have a philosophy, which although I do not consciously activate any longer, is still a good yardstick to go by....

I used to wake up in the morning and ask myself two questions:

"Do I have anything to be genuinely miserable about?"
    "Do I have anything to be genuinely happy about?"

If the answer was 'No' to both, then it was far better to be happy for nothing, than miserable for nothing.

If you have something to be happy about - spread a smile, for they are free and contagious.

If you have something to be miserable about - think long on how bad it really is, and whether you aren't just wallowing in mysery for the sake of it. And don't spread it - why ruin anyone else's day?
  • edited November 2006
    That really is a sweet philosophy, Federica.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :)

But I heard people talking about bad hair days or waking on the wrong side of the bed. Once, my brother woke up with his neck stiff in one direction(Generally means he can't move it). I say, wouldn't that be difficult for him?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2006
    That really is a sweet philosophy, Federica.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :)

But I heard people talking about bad hair days or waking on the wrong side of the bed. Once, my brother woke up with his neck stiff in one direction(Generally means he can't move it). I say, wouldn't that be difficult for him?

A "wry neck" is horribly painful. I can sympathise: after my bypass op, the muscle that causes it, the sternocleidomastoid, kept going into spasm - for six months after the op!!!! I found, eventually, that the upright position of the head whilst sitting with the back straight and supported, in gentle mindfulness meditation, would get me through the attacks without too much whimpering.