Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Year-long war comes to a head in massive, costly battle.

(Watch in Fullscreen HD, trust me)

The forces of CFC launched an attack on the N3 controlled star-system of B-R5RB (B-R). The system of B-R is N3's home system, and their powerbase. When the CFC launched a massive surprise attack on this system, all hell broke loose. The war has been raging across Nullsec for the past year, with neither side gaining much advantage over the other. CFC's reason for attacking this dead-end system in the far reaches of N3 territory were spot-on. The system is N3's main supply base and armory, where thousands of unmanned ships wait in their hangars. Countless weapon turrets and other ship modules are also produced and traded there in N3's own internal economy. With the CFC attack on this system, N3's supply lines have been cut at the source, greatly affecting N3's combat effectiveness in other battles across the galaxy of New Eden. This battle has been the most costly, and the largest, in the game's 11 year history.

A monument of 75 destroyed Titan hulls are scattered, floating just above the planet's ring, with a small beacon that relays the message "You are entering the Graveyard of Titans, a silent memorial to one of the grandest, most violent, most cataclysmic battles New Eden has ever borne witness to. Halt your ship, capsuleer, and take a moment out of the mad swirl of your life to ponder your own impending death." So, let's get some numbers up.

Players involved (in the battle as well as supply chains and logistics) - 7,548

Players that actually took part in the fighting - 6,058

Max amount of players in the system at any given time - 2,670

Player corporations involved (Think of them like clans or guilds) - 717

Player Alliances involved (collections of corporations) - 55

Number of Titans killed - 75

Number of various capital ships killed - 477

Number of Sub-capital ships killed - Unknown, far too many to count.

Cost of the Titans and Capital ships lost - 11 Trillion ISK (The game's currency)

USD equivalent - $300,000 - $330,000

I don't know about you, but I intend to make a pilgrimage out to the graveyard and see it for myself. It is far into dangerous space, and off-grid from the planet (meaning I will have to traverse space with normal engines to reach it)

Comments

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    who is imagiinng this?
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited January 2014
    is this eve?

EDIT: ah yes now that I check in youtube it IS EVE... that game sure has come a long way, I beta tested it 10 years ago or more now.

@Anataman, this isnt an imagination.. this ACTUALLY HAPPENED in a virtual space universe video game.
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited January 2014
    My 1st old foggie thought was...why?
    but then again I also
    wondered if I would have bothered with earlier years of meditative practice had the unlimited range of visual distraction been so easily available when I was 19.
    Bunks
    edited January 2014
    how said:

My 1st old foggie thought was...why?
    but then again I also
    wondered if I would have bothered with earlier years of meditative practice had the unlimited range of visual distraction been so easily available when I was 19.

being 35 I grew up with the first generation of games and graphics , atari, nintendo etc. I played a lot of video games, but I also played with my friends outside until dark and had a nice leave it to beaver childhood.

I didn't become a real "gamer" until my teenage and college years. I still love video games, especially space games where you can wander a universe trading, mining, fighting etc. I was never a "sit and watch tv for 3 hours a night" kind of person, I had more fun exploring virtual worlds and playing in them with friends(like this eve game). However time and desire for all entertainment has lessened dramatically through my practice the last few years. I find watching Ajahn Brahm videos very entertaining these days LOL.

There was a time where if I said to myself " I may never play video games again" I would of felt sad.. now as I approach that possibility( of never doing A LOT of lay life things again), it feels like it's the right time, and not very hard to give up for what you receive by doing it.

My nephew is 9... and I've been trying to be the anti-force to the technology, I do stuff like play battleship and watch a movie, go out to the "forest" to walk, go to the park etc. Trying to show him some vestige of how it use to be, when he's not attached to the ipad and other devices thrown at him to keep him busy. LOL

there will always be those with a dissatisfaction enough to seek out a way of "getting off", even the younger generation, although It may be less and less numbers wise.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Oh, sorry for relaying my interest in something. Guess it was kind of daft to bring video game related news here eh? :P
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I thought it was going to be about the on-going problems in Syria TbH....
    how
    edited January 2014
    Zayl said:

Oh, sorry for relaying my interest in something. Guess it was kind of daft to bring video game related news here eh? :P

Computer games.. Real life... All a video game to me. Red pill or blue pill is the question.

Consider a "game" like second life, where you can live a virtual life and make a 70,000 dollar salary doing it.... Where does "fake" reality start and "real" reality begin?