Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Books similar to 'The Alchemist'?

banned_crabbanned_crab Veteran
edited February 2014 in Arts & Writings
That book is pretty much the perfect book for me. Id like to know if there is anything out there similar to it. Id like something that also has a journey to self realization and enlightenment.

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Pretty much anything by Coelho will have similar themes. All great books (the ones I have read, I don't think I have read them all). The PIlgrimage is very good as it The Devil and Miss Prym. Also, Richard Bach. Jonathan Livingston Seagull, One, Running From Safety, Illusions. Similar in some ways to Coelho, same kind of "technically fiction but it could happen" type of theme.

Also, don't get too stuck reading books that just are comfortable :) Stretch your wings a bit!

Oh, and James Redfield's Celestine Prophecy series. They have a lot of Buddhist themes and are very much about a journey to realization. Secret of Shambhala is especially related, but you'll get more out of them if you read the whole series.
    anataman
  • yagryagr Veteran
    As has been mentioned, anything by Richard Bach. Also, Dan Millman has three novels along with a number of non-novel type books. The Way of the Peaceful Warrior is the first. Other books that spring to mind without an authors name to go along with them are, “When you can walk on water, take the boat”, “Yhantishor”, “The Monk who sold his Ferrari”, “Wokini”, and “Halfway through the door”.
  • EvenThirdEvenThird NYC Veteran
    I found Narcissus and Goldmund by Hesse illuminating. It runs heavy with themes around spirituality. As goes with many of his books.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Honestly, anything that Paulo Coelho writers, is pure gold! I'm going to be doing a review for one of the Blogs I will be contributing at. Keep checking back: http://www.scifiguysbookreview.blogspot.com/