Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The present moment

This moment Is, whether you Are or Are not.

While almost every human is bust with their spinning heads, the now still remains. While you are in your world the rest of the world continues. I like to remind myself of this when I am too invested towards the voice in my head.

Comments

• This moment Is, whether you Are or Are not.

While almost every human is bust with their spinning heads, the now still remains. While you are in your world the rest of the world continues. I like to remind myself of this when I am too invested towards the voice in my head.

I think there is book by a Thai Buddhist monk called 'A still forest pool'. When the water of the pool is still, you'd probably get to see its bottom . In the same way, when the mind is still, you'd get to see yourself and where you stand even when the world swirls.
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    @footiam, yep your right its a collection of recordings of Dhamma talks by Ajahn Chah, damned good book and I feel your analolgy of the pool is correct.
  • I am very sure I borrowed that from the book.