Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

some things.....

edited November 2006 in General Banter
take longer than others. Thank You all for your support. I'll be updating as people sign off on site.

This whole discussion IS about evolution. Remember. LMAO

https://www.offthegridsolutions.org/

How do you fund a non-profit? Create a business you don't want.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    It would help if I scould spell. LMAO
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2006
    I see that you mention golf courses on your site. I trust that you are going to make these a target for closedown at the earliest opportunity.
  • edited November 2006
    Change begins at the user level.
    "He who controls the media, controls the mind." TL
    I haven't golfed since I was 10 shooting golfballs from my cousins backyard into an empty field. He went onto a golf scholorship, and landed a sales job. He knew how to hold back to make the sale.

Golf courses are good in that at least they aren't paved over strip malls, they add to the local biomass. I didn't make the grid, but I can use it as a vehicle. What's sad is I've been 404'd from my favorite philosophy board.
    edited November 2006
    Iawa wrote:
    Change begins at the user level.
    "He who controls the media, controls the mind." TL
    I haven't golfed since I was 10 shooting golfballs from my cousins backyard into an empty field. He went onto a golf scholorship, and landed a sales job. He knew how to hold back to make the sale.

Golf courses are good in that at least they aren't paved over strip malls, they add to the local biomass. I didn't make the grid, but I can use it as a vehicle. What's sad is I've been 404'd from my favorite philosophy board.

I would take issue over the value of golf courses. Their worst feature is that they require significant amounts of water. Where that is naturally available, as in Ireland, Scotland or parts of the USA, this may not be a problem but, in water-poor areas, particularly in those parts of the world that have been transformed into golfing resorts, water is an issue. If the land can be made fertile enough to build a golf course, it can be cultivated to feed people.

In Florida, golf courses and associated condos would appear to be eatiung away at the natural environment to an alarming degree.

I would also add that "golf is a waste of a good walk" but there are those who like it!
  • edited November 2006
    A lotus for you. Violence ends when awareness sees awareness, rather than other.
  • edited November 2006

I would take issue over the value of golf courses. Their worst feature is that they require significant amounts of water. Where that is naturally available, as in Ireland, Scotland or parts of the USA, this may not be a problem but, in water-poor areas, particularly in those parts of the world that have been transformed into golfing resorts, water is an issue. If the land can be made fertile enough to build a golf course, it can be cultivated to feed people.

In Florida, golf courses and associated condos would appear to be eatiung away at the natural environment to an alarming degree.

I would also add that "golf is a waste of a good walk" but there are those who like it!

It just happened that a home is in need of serious repair in the right location. Design has passive solar attributes built in theearly seventies ( reminds me of my California roots), part of my concern to be addressed is that we have been promised for 30 years changes in technologies to address the pollution problems. My concept is the we did not create the systems that we inherited, but if were willing to approach it in a non-threatening manner demonstrate that environment and economy issuses can be addressed with sustainable solutions using the current systems that are in place.

Not dissimilar to wasteful golf courses, battery production as a part of backup systems used in current renewable energy sytems pose thier own environmental hazards. I am hoping to make right use of those things that are inplace already to point toward a better way for the best of 'all' concerned. If I make a small return (7k a year over 25years) and get to remain an at-home-dad I've seen a return of my outlay, and been part of a discussion that others before me began. My business goal is to introduce a model of working for a living, not making a killing.

One can not give or recieve when giving energy to a closed fist.
    -- Haven't we seen enough of that in the news?

My daughter came home from school one day and said,
    " Dad our teacher read an article that said that through all this pollution we have triggered what may be the next ice age, and were all going to die."
    ----What would your response be?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2006
    You are a complete *******. I wish I could see you in person and we could settle this. Does this make you a big man. You are nothing but a sarcastic *******. Go **** yourself.

Comic,

Just in case you DO come back - this kind of attack is really in poor form and will eventually make it so that you don't have to worry about coming back.

-bf
    edited November 2006
    This does make me worry that something unpleasant and uncomfortable is going on for Comic. I, for one, shall continue to hold him in my thoughts.
    edited November 2006
    Ahhh... same here, Simon.

I wonder how difficult this moving/job/being away from his family has affected him. I, too, shall keep him in my thoughts. I don't have a problem with being a sounding board - but I still feel this was too much.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    * Apologies to all concerned, but I edited his post - and therefore yours also, BF. Excuse the intrusion, but to my mind, this kind of language is inexcusable and totally uncalled for.... Even from a long-time member.

I have no idea what - if anything - has rattled his cage, but I believe it unfair of him to vent his anger towards those who have shown nothing but kindness. *
  • edited November 2006
    I saw the post before you "fixed" it. What the heck is going on around here??
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    We are no wiser than you, Yogamama...But personally, I fear it is ComicallyInsane who has felt the greatest upheaval in his life, rather than the Forum which has become 'insipid'....
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, who are you kidding?? You are all SO much wiser than me!! :) Well, with the exception of Buddhafoot, anyways.

Heck, I don't even know what "insipid" means.

I honestly don't feel that this forum has changed much lately. I still think it is as wonderful as ever.
    edited November 2006
    Insipid...

The opposite of ingulped.

-bf
  • edited November 2006
    That's not even a word!
  • edited November 2006
    in·sip·id (n-spd)
    adj.
    Lacking flavor or zest; not tasty.
    Lacking qualities that excite, stimulate, or interest; dull.
  • edited November 2006
    Now I know what insipid means, but I don't think that describes our forum.
    edited November 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    That's not even a word!

.....It is now.....:grin:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Change, change, change....everything in a constant state of flux...always changing...never permanent...up and down...in and out (BF, just don't, K?)...never standing still...that's the nature of nature and the nature of us.

Don't worry. There's nothing wrong with this forum. It's perfectly fine. It's just changing, like it's supposed to, right? Just go with flow...flow with the river...roll with the punches...let it roll off like water off a duck's back...flexible...relaxed. What a weird post, eh? It sounds like I'm talking to myself. (I better stop.)

Everything's cool!! lol!!
  • edited November 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    I saw the post before you "fixed" it. What the heck is going on around here??

I believe that he may have been tussled at my reponse to to is " is homosexuality evolution." I can in fact say witha certain degree of authority that many scientists have research this and have found it lacking substance.

http://www.subversions.com/french/pages/science/animals.html