Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What Kind of Person Am I?

edited August 2010 in General Banter
Well, I was thinking about whether we should have a thread that will allow a platform for everyone to write more about themselves, how they deal with people, their way of life and behavior and how they see themselves on this forum. Hence, this thread might serve as another branch of the NewBuddhist New Members Introduction Thread where we can leave aside those particulars about ourselves and just go on about what kind of person we are. Let me get the ball rolling and I hope everyone will also offer their own contributions :thumbsup:

How I see myself In this forum: For me, I prefer to see myself as a simple teenager among intellectuals. In this manner, I prefer to be seen as a somewhat curious teenager, one who may sometimes appear ignorant but tries his best to avoid saying the wrong thing. This teenager prefers to stick to the safety of the Lotus Lounge and only enters serious debates if he finds himself having the capabilities to do so.

How I am in real life: I am seen rather as someone who tries to satisfy everyone though sometimes it becomes a toll. A character analysis done on me showed that I am someone whose greatest weakness is criticism (and I'm not afraid to admit it! :winkc: ) hence I tend to watch my steps sometimes. I am not someone who can show gratitude very easily though I will do it in different ways. Don't expect a straight thanks to the face because I prefer to do so by exchanging the favor. I talk less when I know I do not have the knowledge and I rarely ask when I am in doubt because I believe in due time, the doubt clears up on its own. I am someone who prefers to be out of the crowd but yet appear normal and not seen as joining the bandwagon to do so.

Well, thats it about me and I hope I'll be able to read more about the profiles of other people. You can choose to follow the format but then again, feel free to express anyway you want! :lol:

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Hey, Rad.

That's a pretty clear and concise synopsis of your personality. Nicely done! I'll give mine a little thought and get back to you, K? This is also an interesting idea about identity when one thinks about the dissolution of identity a la not-self. So I'll definitely have to put some thought into it as I'll be straddling the line between self and not-self when I think about it. This should be interesting!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2006
    One:

There's no such thing as a 'Simple Teenager'.....

Two:

The you that I see is the we that's in me.....

:om:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    LOL!!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited November 2006
    Everyone,

How I see myself In this forum: I, my dear mortals, see myself as a prescient Sandworm that has become the GOD EMPEROR OF NEWBUDDHIST.COM! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How I am in real life: I, my fleshly appendages, am seen as the prescient Sandworm that has become the GOD EMPEROR OF NEWBUDDHIST.COM! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

Leto II
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Jason,

Once again, you're weird.

:tonguec:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Elohim wrote:
    Everyone,

How I see myself In this forum: I, my dear mortals, see myself as a prescient Sandworm that has become the GOD EMPEROR OF NEWBUDDHIST.COM! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How I am in real life: I, my fleshly appendages, am seen as the prescient Sandworm that has become the GOD EMPEROR OF NEWBUDDHIST.COM! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sincerely,

Leto II

LMAO!!!
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Elohim wrote:
    Everyone,

Sincerely,

Leto II

You should add this one:

How people on a certain other forum see me:
    A deranged Theravadan monk who is the official "Teacher" & "Gatekeeper" of NewBuddhist.com.

:)

_/\_
    metta
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Not1... shhhhh... just humor him...

-bf
  • edited December 2006
    How I see myself on this Forum- I try to avoid some of the more theoretical discussians and your 'ical' discussions as well. I am more interested in the practical aspects of debates. Otherwise, I would join just about any discussion. I am quite well involved in the doings of this board. I talk from the position of a liberal and take an atheistic and materialist stance on most things.

How I am in Real Life - Well obviously, it is more difficult to convey my doubts about religions as freely. However, I talk conservatively having to plan every word out before I say it so it sounds right. When I do say things, they are concise and rarely impulsive. I have a strange sense of humor in which laughter can be easily triggered by a variety of household items and the destruction of appliances or toys with aluminum baseball bats. :wtf: I know, pretty cool huh!!!:buck:
  • edited December 2006
    Well, I was thinking
    BIG MISTAKE --LOL, just teasing.
    Well, thats it about me and I hope I'll be able to read more about the profiles of other people. You can choose to follow the format but then again, feel free to express anyway you want! :lol:

A warm welcome to another Iawa ( I am who am ). Fede should have some tea brewed in no time, the orange cranberry cake is in the oven.

In Gassho
  • edited December 2006
    More! More! :D
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited December 2006
    How I see myself In this forum: The very honest guy who would only reply to something that he either thinks he knows, or supposes that he can bluff his way through knowing, investing brainpower in several topics which he thinks he can handle, or ought to have known how to handle. :p

How I am in real life: The quirky guy who operates as a dangerous balance in a social situation, going to extreme actions and showing empathy for others depending on the situation, but when alone, seen as "very weird" and "strangely dangerous". e.g. a highly-powered individual doing ridiculous things to make people laugh in a group, a quiet thinker alone, a fierce advocate of ideals in certain settings.

How people on a certain other forum see me: A defected wealking to the other side :(
  • edited December 2006
    What?
  • edited December 2006
    What?

What 'what' ?:-/
  • edited August 2010
    Great thread....can't type to well on my phone, but I'll have to jump back on this when I get home from work
  • edited August 2010
    How I see myself In this forum: I see myself as the new kid. Questions all over, whats this, where's that, how does that feel, what's that like, you know, that 3year old that's poking everyone and when you tell her to stop, she just keeps saying why?...that's me. I find myself to be learning how to live all over again, and its great, but I'm sure its not so fun for all of you. :\

How I am in real life: I am a learner, so I like to think of myself as book smart, always earned great grades, and I love to study and read. HOWEVER The biggest dork in the history of the planet. :) I can barely chew gum and walk at the same time, i'm clumsy, and i'm not very good with common sense. I know my basic right from wrong, do no harm to others, be courteous to elders, and teach little ones, but I always burn my hand on the same stove... literally. I don't know why i'm such an airhead at life...but all i can do is keep trying, and make sure I look before I walk :)

You may find that I ask questions and probably already even know the answers, but I question myself constantly. I am always interested to hear what people have to say, and hope that someday if I ever have the opportunity to raise a child of my own, I can teach them that same respect :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2010
    the thread's 4 years old! Well done for finding it....!:eek: :D