Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Some thoughts please...

edited November 2006 in General Banter
...for a woman that I met via a Freecycle Group on Yahoo. I had expressed interest in something in the group and she mentioned she had the item and we could arrange to pick it up by the weekend. As the weekend drew closer I was getting anxious to speak with her and received an e-mail from her confirming a time to pick it up. Almost seconds later another e-mail comes through from her. Her son was in Connecticut and had a car accident. She obviously needed to go and take care of her son, of course I understood and wished her my best. It has been about a week and a half and she e-mailed me today. I was really worried for her son and was curious to hear news. Luckily, he made it out alive. BUT the crash was severe enough that it crushed one of his arms and he had to have it amputated right under the shoulder. He has moved in with the mother, which was the right thing to do so he could get proper care. She no longer has the item, which has been put way on the back burner in my mind.

The whole point to this post it to send this woman, Martha, some positive thoughts from compassionate people. I know everyone here tries their best to be as compassionate and caring for other sentient beings, so it is my hope to generate some of that for her and her son. Thanks in advance everyone!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    and no, it wasn't some weird sort of item, sorry for being cryptic in explaining the situation. What she was going to give me was a stackable washer and dryer.
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited November 2006
    and no, it wasn't some weird sort of item, sorry for being cryptic in explaining the situation. What she was going to give me was a stackable washer and dryer.

Yeah, you had me kind of curious there.

Anyway, it is always sad to hear these things & I don't really know what to say. Regardless, I will try & generate some metta for her, her son and all involved with & affected by the accident.

best wishes & metta
    _/\_
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    You can count me in, too.