Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The fourfold sangha?

edited November 2006 in Buddhism Basics
I received a course catalog from the Barre Center for Buddhist studies and it had a course on the fourfold sangha. It described a little bit about it but basically just enough so people knew what the course itself was about. Can anyone help in explaining exactly what this fourfold sangha is?

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2006
    I received a course catalog from the Barre Center for Buddhist studies and it had a course on the fourfold sangha. It described a little bit about it but basically just enough so people knew what the course itself was about. Can anyone help in explaining exactly what this fourfold sangha is?

It is the sangha of laymen and laywomen, monks and nuns.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    Yeah. I'd like to know, too.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2006
    ooops....

Thanks Simon.
  • edited November 2006
    It is the sangha of laymen and laywomen, monks and nuns.

Thanks Simon. There is nothing more to it? I understood the part that you mentioned, it was in the course description, I just thought there was something more to it.