Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

On a walking meditation today.........

edited December 2006 in General Banter
the thought arose to my mind.

As I walk with the compassion of right effort, those things for which I strive come toward me, not I to them. This is the same as changing my perspective, as long as I "do" the greastest good for all concerned with the same right effort that I follow the supper-highway of the eightfold path, all will be well and my needs will be met through as the Buddha said, " merit".
It is when one is obssesssed on the goal of the merit that the source from which right effort comes vanishes.

Thoughts from the gallery, please.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Wonderful........great food for thought. May have more thoughts later......
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I almost like it better as:

As I walk with compassion with right effort , I gain happiness and move closer towards the things I strive for.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the idea that good things happen to those that make the effort to sow and cultivate good things.

But it's great walking meditation material no matter which way you look at it!

Good stuff to read.

-bf
    edited December 2006
    Man... my spellin' is awfull todaiy.

-bf
  • edited December 2006
    Hey thanks, for fine tuning the image there buddy.
    Forest for the tree's ya know.
    My efforts are to reduce the reliance on anyting that isn't a verb ( repressentative of action. )
    edited December 2006
    Yeah... some fine tuning.

It's like someone inventing the cure for cancer and packaging it so that it can easily be sold for cheap at the market...

And then I say, "The packaging would have been nicer in blue."

Some contribution, huh? :)

-bf
  • edited December 2006
    I like the change too. Both ways are good.
  • edited December 2006
    Is that edit better, BF. As if anything is better then sharing in itself.
    edited December 2006
    Yeah... I think that way works!
    118. Should a person do good, let him do it again and again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good.

119. It may be well with the evil-doer as long as the evil ripens not. But when it does ripen, then the evil-doer sees (the painful results of) his evil deeds.

120. It may be ill with the doer of good as long as the good ripens not. But when it does ripen, then the doer of good sees (the pleasant results of) his good deeds.

121. Think not lightly of evil, saying, "It will not come to me." Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the fool, gathering it little by little, fills himself with evil.

122. Think not lightly of good, saying, "It will not come to me." Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.

-bf