Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The extended mind.

Woah93Woah93 Veteran
edited June 2014 in Buddhism Basics

I really love how science is catching up to similar ideas displayed in various religions particularly buddhism.
For anyone interested in the scientific field, especially the area of consciousness, I really recommend watching this TED speech.

It includes psychic phenomena and a totally different view from current western thought which is that consciousness does not confide itself between the walls of your skull or the pathways of the brain but rather extends out and influences the experience of the observer directly.

For skeptics what could be a better motivator than this to start working on fulfillment/happiness from within rather than looking for external solutions. (yeah I know a lot of you have tried to make this point clear to me... :P)

namaste!

Shoshin