Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Audrey's dress

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited December 2006 in General Banter
I tried to buy it for you, Fede., but it went beyond my reach:

Auction frenzy over Hepburn dress

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Awww, that's too bad. Federica would have looked absolutely gorgeous in that dress!
  • edited December 2006
    So how much is that in American dollars?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    So how much is that in American dollars?

About $922,000
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    Aw Simon, that is the most touching thing! Thank you so much! It IS the thought that counts!

It's weird, I saw the dress up for auction, and thought "Hmph! No point, I'll never get into it, and I'd have to take it up by a foot anyway!"

But it IS class, isn't it....?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    There's a pic in today's Indy of some other woman 'modelling' the dress. She may be AH's size but only AH herself can achieve that look.

BTW, did you know that there were three dresses? The other two are still in collections, one with Givenchy and the other with the film studio.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    It is reported that Julie Andrews was miffed about Audrey being given the film role of Eliza Doolittle, when she herself had known such success in the stage Broadway version (which is why they gave her the role of Mary poppins) but she later admitted that Audrey was the total embodiment of the part, and she had carried the role far better than she (Julie) could have done. By stretching the imagination and visualising it - I'm inclined to agree....Even though Audrey's singing voice was dubbed.
    She could actually sing very well, she just didn't possess the volume or lung power to do the songs credit.

It takes a lot more than curves to fill that dress....