Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Wikibook anyone?

keithgkeithg Explorer
edited December 2006 in General Banter
Hello everyone! I was doing some of my regular internet browsing, and I found something you guys might find fun here! It's a wikibook. What's a wikibook you ask? It's a open content textbook, meaning that anyone can contribute, improve, and share the book. This one just so happens to be titled "Buddhist Philosophy" and there is still plenty of content that needs to be added. I figured there might be a few of you on here who might want to contribute to it. For starting information see this here, and here.

By the way, long time no see. :uphand:

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    Hey Keithg! nice to see you back! kick off yer boots, grab a comfy chair and have a cuppa!

Nice link!
    I may sticky it, if the demand is great enough.... !
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Looks interesting and some of the authors are identified and profiled, which helps.

Few things have changed as much in terms of research with the use of the Net. Assuring oneself of credentials and fiability has become something we can no longer take for granted. It also raises a whole collection of questions about what were the bases of our trust hitherto.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    So I'm just curious, is this where the term "wiki-wacky" comes from?

Palzang
  • keithgkeithg Explorer
    edited December 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    So I'm just curious, is this where the term "wiki-wacky" comes from?

Palzang
    I have no clue. But the wiki group of projects are all done by the Wikimedia foundation. Their goal is:
    The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual content, and to providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public free of charge. The Wikimedia Foundation operates some of the largest collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, one of the 20 most visited websites.
    So possibly a new phrase has popped up to describe someone who loves the wiki projects.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Please pay no mind to the monk behind the curtain. It's Friday, and I did a late night prayer shift (part of our 24 hour prayer vigil that has been going on for over 20 years, btw), so I'm feeling a bit wiki-wacky myself today!

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Palzang,

You're funny when you're sleepy.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2006
    K,

Nice to see you out here every once in awhile instead of me having to track yer butt down on MSN Messenger!

-bf