Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

In search of the sublime

edited December 2006 in Buddhism Today
In search of the sublime
http://www.thehindu.com/mp/2006/12/09/stories/2006120901120400.htm

Rahul Sharma comes out with a new album

Rahul Sharma the multifaceted santoor maestro of today's generation has come out with a new album called Ladakh:In search of Buddha.

Released by SaReGaMa the album explores the concept of reincarnation in Buddhism in a new age fusion form using shades of Tibetan sounds with the santoor.
Drawn to philosophy

Chanting Buddhist mantras, Rahul also provides the vocals.

The album was launched in Delhi recently amidst fanfare. Rahul performed two tracks from the album, "Om Mani Padme Hum" and "Walking into Himalayas". The beautiful video of "Om Mani Padem Hum" was also screened.

"This is true that mystery and philosophy have always interested me. So like my earlier album this album also revolves around similar subjects. The concept of this album was in my mind for a long time. I have been brought up in Mumbai but still I have a fascination for Nature, especially the mountains. It might be because my parents are from Kashmir. I went to Ladakh a year ago and found that the place has a mystical quality. It feels so significant sitting in front of those mountains. I miss this in Mumbai," says Rahul.

Exploring the self

"The santoor is heading for another genre of music," feels Rahul.

"Through the concept of this album, I have tried to explore myself. And I hope you will feel as if you are sitting in Ladakh, when you hear this album," he concludes.