Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Okay, I went and slept before I posted

edited December 2006 in General Banter
Re: Self-improvement
======================================================
Two things that I have pondered is,

" How has removing ourselves from the natural process of our origin to this system of quartly returns has affected the psyche?"

also,
"As one consumes foods futher from the natural source ( over processed foods ), can one recieve those things including the knowledge and energy necessary to maintain a sustainable system, let alone have the desire to do so?"

Hmmmmm.......................
-metta yall

May peace find you where you are.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Let's see if I understand your second thought correctly....are you asking if it is possible to sustain a healthy system and/or energy by eating processed foods, or foods that are not in their natural state?
  • edited December 2006
    Scientifically it has been stated that energy is neither created or destroyed.

In the matter of modern manufacturing techniques including processed, fast foods, artificial preservatives, and mass meat production since we personally are so removed from the source of the energy contained in food stuffs, the question is :

Should we (practicing Buddhists/Toaists/what-have-you) address the fact that our bodies are energy transformation plants that in many instances no longer recieve our energy from natural sources.

Should we a people address this as a society in the discussion of depression, cancers, and other modern so-called "disorders".

or is that for a quantum physics discussion forum
  • edited December 2006
    Iawa wrote:
    Should we (practicing Buddhists/Toaists/what-have-you) address the fact that our bodies are energy transformation plants that in many instances no longer recieve our energy from natural sources.

Should we a people address this as a society in the discussion of depression, cancers, and other modern so-called "disorders".

My answer to that question is yes, absolutely we should address that issue! In fact, I don't buy processed foods for those exact reasons. People are always amazed with the fact that people who seem perfectly healthy end up with cancer or other disorders. And it's because of all of the chemicals in our foods and other prodcuts that we use on a daily basis that cause so many problems.

I could go on and on about this topic!