Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

yellow boxes

When I tried to quote I got all yellow box crap thing. So I deleted everything and put the text in NOT as a quote. The yellow text persisted.

Any ideas how to quote? And why did the yellow boxes persist even after I deleted? I even went to an additional response and somehow that one picked up the yellow.

Ok I am testing
Will this be yellow?
Or will it be like the sound car makes when you take to mechanic ie no sound?

Comments

• Bah worked here ^^^
    don't know what to say

• VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited November 2014

4 spaces before the text makes yellow boxes.

like so

larger than sign > before text makes quotes

like so

Linc
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2014

The yellow box is for doing pre-formatted text, like code. @Victorious is correct that starting a line with 4+ spaces will trigger it. It assumes if you're starting a line with spaces, you wanted it indented just so and therefore it should treat the whole thing like code and preserve the spacing exactly.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    When I try to quote from my phone it just says "null".
    edited November 2014

Never return null. B)

Ceterum censeo null esse delendam. :wink:

• Thanks Lincoln and Victorious! I have bookmarked this to see in the future. Thanks

•   test

• test

• yes!!!! may all be accomplished!

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    null

@Linc‌ ?
    That doesn't help all that much @Victorious‌

Nobody else experiencing this?

I suppose if I don't hear I'll have to make a new thread about it
    edited November 2014

I have the same problem. My comment was a developer joke and not really supposed to help. Sorry. :blush:

Hey, no worries... It just almost sounded like you were saying I wasn't welcome, lol.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

I tried upgrading our mobile theme to see if I could make Quote work... and Quote disappeared on mobile now. :(