Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Holidays!!!

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited December 2006 in General Banter
Everyone,

I am leaving shortly to attend the year-end meditation retreat at Wat Buddhanusorn and will not be back until the beginning of January, so I thought that I would take the time now to say that I hope you have a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Blessed Yule, Joyous Kwanzaa, and a Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Jason

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited December 2006
    Peace, my brother!
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Ah, we all anticipate your return, Jason! :rockon:
  • edited December 2006
    Same to you Jason and everyone else here. I can't say how much I am really thankful and happy to have the support and friendship of so many people on this board. You guys are all awesome and I hope you all enjoy this time of year with your families, friends, etc...
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Bye! :wavey: I hope you get a lot out of your retreat.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Same - same.

Best of everything to everyone here and everywhere.

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I may have missed you, Jason. You will be in my thoughts as I hope for a successful outcome to your quiet time.
  • edited December 2006
    Happy Holidays to all of my dear friends!

Love and peace to all of you! You are all very dear to me.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Hope your retreat is fruitfull, Jason.

Peace and joy to all beings everywhere!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    Well.....I just thought I'd resurrect this thread, as Jason seems to have finished with it for now.... left it lying on the bathroom floor, as usual.... wouden ya know it - typical male....
    and as it seemed to be doing precious little, I thought I would use it constructively to add my temporary goodbye...

The Firm is closing today for the annual Chrimbold fest, and does not re-open until January the 2nd....
    In the meantime, Nick and I shall be house-sitting for a pal who's jetted off to Australia for her vacation, and as she won't be back until January 15th, we thought we'd make the most of it, by spending the time available with Nick's son, whom he hasn't seen for far too long.... We're driving across country to Wales, to pick him up on the 27th, and he'll be with us until around the 4th, when his mum will come to pick him up.... This absent friend does know all this, by the way..... :D

So I really don't know how much time I will be able to find to pop in here from this evening onwards....

I'm counting on you guys to be good and wholesome, and to behave yourselves while I'm out.
    There's plenty of tea in the cupbpoard, I've bought extra mince pies, in case we get visitors, and there's more milk and bread in the freezer.... I've stocked up on all necessary pet food, and there's a yule log delivery due this afternoon. It's all paid, so just get the guy to heave it into the woodshed.....

Wrap up warm if you go out, indulge as far or as little as you wish, but whatever happens, stay warm, stay safe, be well and know that I love you guys heaps.

Merry Christmas, everyone. :wavey:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    And Merry Christmas to you as well, dear Fed. Is there any headcheese and bond-ost in the fridge?

Palzang
  • edited December 2006
    federica wrote:

I'm counting on you guys to be good and wholesome, and to behave yourselves while I'm out.

OH MAN!!! Do we HAVE to be good???!!!

Bye federica and Nick! Have a wonderful holiday and we will miss you!!

lots of hugs and kisses - Kim
  • edited December 2006
    I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Holiday!

Thank you all for being so helpful with my practice. I've really enjoyed this time with all of you. Listening to my problems and giving me advice. Correcting me when I'm not on track and getting me back on the right road.

Thank you all for your patients, kindness, love and compassion.

May the New Year bring to all of you........ Good Health, Loving Kindness, Peace and Great Joy......

I take refuge in the dharma.

Namaste'

Deb
  • edited December 2006
    YM,
    Just remember............

While the cats a way.......the mice do play :)

Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell.........and she'll never know. heehee
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Don't worry, Fede.

I'll be here.

Not that I'll be able to do anything when the ignorant sentient beings on this board decide to act up.

But, I will be able to jump up and down, wave my arms and threaten to do something nasty!

Happy Holidays. Give my best to the Nickster.

-bf
    edited December 2006
    Ma's out!
    Pa's out!
    Let's talk rude:
    pee, po, belly, bum, knickers and spit!

May joy be the gift you all receive as we look forward to the return of the light at the darkest time of the year.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    OH MAN!!! Do we HAVE to be good???!!!

To quote that famous Bodhisattva, Mae West,

"When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better!"

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    And Merry Christmas to you as well, dear Fed. Is there any headcheese and bond-ost in the fridge?

Palzang

Oh definitely.... and in case anyone is looking for it, the Tsampa is in the bottom cupboard to the left of the sink, and the dri milk (that's the Yak's missus....) should be delivered tomorrow morning....... ;) Barley beer still brewing, but should be ready for christmas day....
    mind how ya all go...
    Simon - wash your mouth out..................

With best Champagne, of course........
  • edited December 2006
    l_a01ba045f07fc17f78684de227d67eec.jpg

I'm not the most proficient artist, but there's my tree! :)
  • edited December 2006
    I love your tree........
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Great tree, LFA!! I love it!
    edited December 2006
    l_a01ba045f07fc17f78684de227d67eec.jpg

I'm not the most proficient artist, but there's my tree! :)

I shall see it as a deodar, the Himalayan pine that grows all round McLeodGanj. It will remind me of happy days there. Thank you, LFA, and may the Christmas Lotus open its million, million petals of joy and happiness for you and all those whom you love.
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks guys, it was fun to make.

I have made some other "better looking" images for the newbuddhist myspace page. Check em out at www.myspace.com/newbuddhistforum
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I'm sorry, but that's not a Christmas tree - it's a Buddha bush!

Palzang
  • edited December 2006
    Yeah so now we have Bodhi Trees and Buddha Bushes....
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    If only we had a Buddha Bush in the White House...

Palzang
  • edited December 2006
    or a Burning Bush?? (I'll apologize now, that was uncalled for) :crazy:
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I've said this already on the other thread but, happy Roman-catholicized & more recently secularized version of the celebration of Mithras' rebirth!!

metta
    _/\_
    edited December 2006
    This time of year, long before it was called Yule, was named Alban Arthuan by the ancient Druids.
    "It is the end of month of the Elder Tree and the start of the month of the Birch. The three days before Yule is a magical time. This is the time of the Serpent Days or transformation...The Elder and Birch stand at the entrance to Annwn or Celtic underworld where all life was formed. Like several other myths they guard the entrance to the underworld. This is the time the Sun God journeys through the underworld to learn the secrets of death and life. And bring out those souls to be reincarnated.
    "
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited December 2006
    This time of year, long before it was called Yule, was named Alban Arthuan by the ancient Druids.
    "It is the end of month of the Elder Tree and the start of the month of the Birch. The three days before Yule is a magical time. This is the time of the Serpent Days or transformation...The Elder and Birch stand at the entrance to Annwn or Celtic underworld where all life was formed. Like several other myths they guard the entrance to the underworld. This is the time the Sun God journeys through the underworld to learn the secrets of death and life. And bring out those souls to be reincarnated.
    "

Simon,

Thanks for that. The old traditions are so rich in their symbolism. So much timeless wisdom to be found in them.

metta
    _/\_
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Hear, hear!!