Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Doofus question about HP laptop...

13»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@karasti said:
    What about ctrl+shift+delete after highlighting the one you want to delete? It seems like some macs have "delete" and some don't, so I don't know if you can substitute backspace in the case yours does not have a delete button.

Nope, doesn't work....

What if you try the combination with the fn key without pressing fn first? or doesn't it matter? Some people have posted that using shift+fn+delete (or backspace) works but using fn+shift+delete does not.

I've tried every which way you describe. Doesn't matter at what point I use 'fn' at that moment, the screen disappears'....

Also, sometimes sites themselves save previously entered information, and not the browser. In that case, you'd have to look at deleting the cookies, cache and history. But it might delete ALL of the entries, including ones you want to keep.

Yes.... ~re-faced~ I tried that too....

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@nakazcid said:
    ...and that's why I have a Dell laptop, and built my own desktop. Not that either is immune to problems, mind you. When I was I first hired at my current employer, I talked to the techs about the HP laptops that my company had deployed everywhere. They hated the things. We've since switched to Dells. Not that any of that helps Federica.

Dell FTW