Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

just sharing..........

edited December 2006 in General Banter
Finding it hard to care this morning.

My wife had so called precancerous cells removed after the birth of our first daughter. The same procedure for treatment was removal twice. She was clear on her pap test for years, then two weeks ago I get the word that her recent test said she has HPV ( recently coined ). She finally got a biopsy done yesterday.

I'm just kind of numb. She hasn't even bothered asking how I feel about it. Just feeling sad, not asking for a pity party.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    yea i couldn't describe the emotions.. i'd feel if i went through that. I imagine they are intense
  • edited December 2006
    Iawa,
    I too have had the precancerous cells. I don't mean to be dumb here but what is HPV (recently coined ) mean?

If I had to guess, only going by what I felt. She is very scared right now and has gone internal. May not be thinking about anyone except herself right now. She may also be scared to ask you how you are feeling........Scared of your answer and how to deal with all of this........ Be there for her and be suportive. Maybe tell her how you are feeling and she might open up to you about things.
    I know when it happened the 1st time for me. I went internal. Didn't talk much got all freaked out. My husband did tell me at one point that he liked it better when I was crying because that he could deal with. But being with-drawn he didn't know what to do.
    I know this is a hard time for you. And I'm so sorry that you and your wife are having to deal with serious health issues.
    We went thro this again in Nov. of this year. It can all be so very scary.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Namaste'
    Deb
  • edited December 2006
    I urged her to use her insurance network to get a female ob/gyn when the doctor wanted to make her wait three weeks for biopsy. She had no problem waiting. Sorry, but words are lost on me now.

There are others here with whom I've shared deeper truths.

In Gassho
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I've been on both sides of this:

First it was I who got a diagnosis of ischaemic heart disease and needed a quadruple bypass.

Then, when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, I realised how 'inward' I had gone around my own illness, how much I had shut her out.

When our partner is struck down, we are wounded too - but our wound is "collateral damage" and we will rarely need anything like the support that the sufferer does.

Nevertheless, our pain and upset, worry and anger need to be acknowledged. I hope, Iawa dear, that when the ice-floes of your wife's pain begin to break up, you will be able to support and love, comfort and hold each other again.
  • edited December 2006
    Compassion has been the way. Each moment new, regardles of reciprocity.

In Gassho