Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Luck is a Harsh Mistress

edited December 2006 in General Banter
[This post references my life and Knight of Buddha's life, all of these events are real]

I am not one to complain. Many people believe there is no luck. I do. There has to be luck in the world because if there wasn't, who gave KOB these fantastic powers. I am sorry KOB but enough is enough, I have to complain.

I try to get through my life with confidence, respect, and humor. I excell in school, 3.8 GPA, and I take honors classes in math. I have constant essays and books to read in English. AutoCad and Graphics have deadlines and projects. I have around 3-4 hours homework a night. I have many friends who I joke around with.

KOB on the other hand...

Keeping the record straight, we are both juniors in high school. He has 15-20 minutes of homework every night and still doesn't do it. He has a 4.2 GPA! He takes 4 band classes, 2 "blow-off" classes, and basic english and math. He might tell you he takes an honors class...in GERMAN! When are you going to use GERMAN in today's world.

Point 1: George = work for hours, 3.8 ... KOB = don't do it, 4.2

Then, in video games. If anyone is familiar with Rise of Nations. The game is to take over a map, like Risk. You battle towns and take them. The thing is, I could be battling a town for around half an hour and not take it. But with the town in ruins, he could walk in with a guy and a hammer and they will take the town, give them their riches, erect statues, and throw women at them. All of those are not in the game but the game feels obligued to do it. Then, for those who are Mario Kart fans. I worked my way up from the easiest of levels to the hardest in about two weeks. I show KOB the hardest of levels and gets 1st on every one of them.

I know that people are better than other people in some stuff, but not everything. As I said before, luck has to be in the world because KOB surely has a s**tload! (that is the nly way of putting it) I might just be rambling but I needed to get that out.

He also does other things but I might get banned if I mention it.

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    It's called karma, not luck. It's not random.

Palzang
  • edited December 2006
    A stutter-er, a person obssessed with how he wrote his signature, and a youth who went around creating his own God's turned out to be Winston Churchill, FDR, and Albert Einstein repectively.

Keep your eyes on your own tape measure.
  • edited December 2006
    well.. most video games.. u win through the mind..and practise. ppl who are tense always die miserably.. If u panic.. then u usually are predictable.. just wait for them to fall in ur hands, predict them and compensate.

its a mix between not trying to try.. and stuff like that.. don't try too hard, don't hold back.

homework is all trash along with the eduacation system.. and german is useful in germany and many other places around the world, where germany is taught in schools.. most likely due to previous colonys or empire... just like french in tunisia..

as for RON, well its geting old.. and tbh u always get 1 guy better than another.. its fairly simple to be gd at it.. there's just methods.. i.e 10 seconds, research science, culture, civic.. 4 mins, build barracks.. so on so on

and so.. on .. watch recordings.. and set time limits to do specific things.. use hotkeys. If you are an aggressive or rushing civ.. don't be a coward.

yeeaaa.. mario kart is easy.. remember computer AI is utter rubbish.. i avoid most single player games, as i get no satisfaction of trashing a load of bots into next wedsnesday...

its like playing halo 2... if u get a kid whinging.. "SToop KIllling MEEeee!" then thats satisfaction.. the AI.. no satisfaction

if he can beat u at easy games.. then get something like steel batallion lol.. i tried that online.. and got like 2 kills.. outta about 30 deaths or something...

playing pc games has consequences.. i can cripple my wrist playign too much.. and my fingers ain't as strong as they should be.

plus.. they r games.. real life is better. And healthier to partake in lol. I'm baffled at how proffesional gamers still have fingers instead of stumps.. and im confused about how they don't get arthritis at the age of 25...
  • edited December 2006
    Celebrin wrote:
    well..

homework is all trash along with the eduacation system..

funny you should mention that, here I'm forty-three and feeling a bit embarassed about cramming a 13 chapter basic eletronics course ten days before a PV certifcation trianing workshop.
  • edited December 2006
    Luck is an illusion. People are born into a certain set of circumstances and have to deal with the cards dealt. Does anyone actually believe that these arrogant celebrities are 'lucky' by any standards? I would be careful not to associate luck with accumulation and acquisition.

I mean just because I happen to be better at everything we compete for doesn't mean I am inherrantly lucky. hehe

****Oh, and what exactly are those 'things' the good Knight does that would raise suspicion as to his most reputable integrity?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2006
    When you work seven days a week, fourteen hours a day, you get lucky.
    Armand Hammer

and there are those who are born with a talent.