Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Celebration of Shrinkage 2007

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited February 2007 in General Banter
Yep, it's time for the Lakeview Polar Bear Club annual Celebration of Shrinkage.

Saturday, February 17th, 2007, myself and several other perfectly sane individuals will be taking a nice refreshing swim off the frigid, windy coast of Chicago, IL into sunny Lake Michigan in order to raise money for a family in need.

As I've done for the last two years, I will be selling my body as a billboard to raise money. I'd like to raise about $400 for the cause. I'd much rather suffer the embarrassment of having my rather, well let's face it... "stout" frame plastered all over the web than be faced with the staggering medical costs and emotional trauma of, say, Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. Every year I am reminded of how lucky I am to be healthy. How do I remind myself? By freezing my fecking balls off, while the world laughs at the ridiculous pictures, that's how.

Hey, we all have our ways of dealing with stuff :wtf:

Anyways, if you want a personal message to be written on ME, the cost will be $30. You send me $30, and a message (brief, please! :skeptical ) and I will write it on my body in black sharpie, and take lots of pictures for everyone to see.

You can donate by check or paypal. PM me for details. :)

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Will you be wearing a Speedo? :)

Very proud of you for doing this for that family. Everyday, I am also very thankful for how healthy my family is. We are very lucky.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited January 2007
    No speedo for me. Unless I go to Eastern Europe to buy one, I don't think they make them in my size in the US and A ;)

What you can expect to see:

shrink06.10.jpg

shrink06.19.jpg

stuff like that :p
    edited January 2007
    Another, from '05 :lol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14485&d=1105906564
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2007
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Brian,

You rock.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2007
    You like it Greek Style, eh?

Can you explain for your fans what that means exactly? I'm a little in the dark here...

-bf
    edited January 2007
    Hey Brian,

Can you bring those nipples over here? I've got some glass I need to cut :)

-bf
    edited January 2007
    I am just as innocent as you. I have no idea whatsoever what that means :eek2:

My greek friend had me write it on there. I claim perfect innocence :crazy:
  • edited January 2007
    Doesn't that mean wrapped in grape leaves?
    edited January 2007
    Brian wrote:
    I am just as innocent as you. I have no idea whatsoever what that means :eek2:

My greek friend had me write it on there. I claim perfect innocence :crazy:

Oh...see? You done screwed up!

I never said I was innocent...

-bf
  • edited January 2007
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Hey Brian,

Can you bring those nipples over here? I've got some glass I need to cut :)

-bf

Nice...I love that. :lol:
  • edited January 2007
    As innocent as Buddhafoot???!!! That made me fall out of my chair!
    edited January 2007
    Thank you to the people who have donated thus far. I guess that means I'll be posting new pictures up here in February :D
    edited February 2007
    Well I have two messages going up from donators from this site:

"This space for rent" is going on my arm

"www.newbuddhist.com" is going right on my belly :eek:

The event is tomorrow. Expect pics soon after! :)
  • edited February 2007
    If it is as cold there as it is here, YIKES. Shrinkage will be happening for sure! Have fun, Brian!
    edited February 2007
    "Fun" is probably not the word I'm going to use to describe it, but I'll try ;)
    edited February 2007
    :(

I just got an email from the organizer... The swim is canceled due to complete lack of actual water.

He went there a week ago, and again just now, and the lake is frozen solid from the shore to some distance out... it's just not gonna be safe, because there's no telling what the depth of the water will be at the edge of the ice shelf, not to mention how far it actually goes out. Him and another guy were there with pickaxes, softening the ice, but it's just freezing right back over.

I hate to say it, but I think it is actually TOO COLD for polar bears this year

To the donators, I am still forwarding your donations on to the charity, obviously.. I have a little snow event of my own planned that should be good for laughs, and you will still have your messages written on my body, scout's honor
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Aww! That's too bad, Brian. :(

But I hope you have a good time during your snow event. Sounds like fun!

:cheer:
    edited February 2007
    I was disappointed, because this would have been my third year in a row, and I always had a blast. I'll have pics soon of what I DID do :p
    edited February 2007
    img9961-edit.jpg

:D
    edited February 2007
    img9962.jpg
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Woo Hoo!! MAN, that looks cold!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2007