Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Picture creates issue

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited January 2007 in General Banter
Hi,

welcome to 2007.

Just something I noticed, last year I added my picture to my profile. Since then there has been a degree of fewer pm's and replies to my posts.....*thinking* am I really that ugly? perhaps it's the concieted look?

BF, no need to reply....

regards, (to all 2 of you who may read this) :bawling:

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Well, I was...

Oh.. nevermind. I just got to the third line.

-bf
  • edited January 2007
    Dear Xray,
    Happy New Year to you, and may you and your family have a beautiful one!
    PM me your address, and I'll send you a poster of HH the Dalai Lama from his visit to Buffalo. I think my wife feels it is too conspicuous for me to display.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    no, you're fine. It's the sweater.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Hey, Xrayman. Thanks for calling attention to your addition of a picture to your profile. That's a good thing to share with friends.

It's really nice that NewBuddhist is as informal and collegial as it is. I've been too busy to come on much for several months due to working and studying 'round the clock, yet nobody seems to make an issue when I come and go as I please or am able.

Until this thread, I was not even aware that you HAD an ego.

Well, we all have momentary lapses (except for the Pilgrim, that is.).

Regards,

Jesse
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Nirvana wrote:
    Hey, Xrayman. Thanks for calling attention to your addition of a picture to your profile. That's a good thing to share with friends.

It's really nice that NewBuddhist is as informal and collegial as it is. I've been too busy to come on much for several months due to working and studying 'round the clock, yet nobody seems to make an issue when I come and go as I please or am able.

Regards,

Jesse

Hi there-thanks for that.

Yes I do have an ego, reasonably healthy one at that, but NOWHERE as big as BF's....his is well, you know the Titanic?.....:rocker:
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2007
    EGO notwithstanding, Xrayman, two of your best features are your heart and soul. You've got a lot of soul, bro!

Say, many years ago I came across a poem called Zenrin Kushu, or something like that. I remember I liked it so well that I typed it out on an old manual typewriter (was the 70s, before PCs). I have since lost it.

It had a wonderful line about two monks encountering each other in their separate forest journeys, and all they could do was to laugh and laugh as they crossed paths. As I recall, it was published in a book with all sorts of wonderful, stylized Japanese paintings.

Where does one find such a treasure these days?

Best of Regards, good Xrayman!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Nirvana wrote:
    EGO notwithstanding, Xrayman, two of your best features are your heart and soul. You've got a lot of soul, bro!

Say, many years ago I came across a poem called Zenrin Kushu, or something like that. I remember I liked it so well that I typed it out on an old manual typewriter (was the 70s, before PCs). I have since lost it.

It had a wonderful line about two monks encountering each other in their separate forest journeys, and all they could do was to laugh and laugh as they crossed paths. As I recall, it was published in a book with all sorts of wonderful, stylized Japanese paintings.

Where does one find such a treasure these days?

Best of Regards, good Xrayman!

Ah! I still have the old manual typewriter that my father gave me for my 16th birthday and, only this week, came across the first poem I ever published: it is on 'Banda' paper, in fading blue type, idiosyncratic and (thank you, Time) soon-to-be-illegible!

The Zenrin Kushu is pretty hard to find and expensive when you do, apparently! A search on Abe Books turned this up:
    http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=850915065&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26y%3D0%26tn%3Dzenrin%2Bkushu%26x%3D0%26sortby%3D3

Who knows? It could turn up on eBay! Good hunting! From what I have seen, it is well worth the search. Thanks, Xrayman.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    This book has quotes from the Zenrin Kushu, and it costs a lot less than the one Simon found! Or if you want the most complete version of the Zenri Kushu in English, look here.

If you do not get it from yourself,
    Where will you go for it? "Zenrin-kushu" (published in 1688)
    "Collection of Sayings from the Zen Forest"
    Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Magwang wrote:
    no, you're fine. It's the sweater.

okay. It's being cremated tomorrow.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Nirvana wrote:

Regards,

Jesse

Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks latina, Simon, SLP and I think magwang. BF you still have not located my Jibe about your ego-keep searching grasshopper!....(P.S. anyone reading this, don't tell him... lets see how long it takes hi to locate it!)

When you can take the pebble from my hand...you will be ready...
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Ah! I still have the old manual typewriter that my father gave me for my 16th birthday and, only this week, came across the first poem I ever published: it is on 'Banda' paper, in fading blue type, idiosyncratic and (thank you, Time) soon-to-be-illegible!

The Zenrin Kushu is pretty hard to find and expensive when you do, apparently! A search on Abe Books turned this up:
    http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=850915065&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26y%3D0%26tn%3Dzenrin%2Bkushu%26x%3D0%26sortby%3D3

Who knows? It could turn up on eBay! Good hunting! From what I have seen, it is well worth the search. Thanks, Xrayman.

Hi STP.

There is a buddhist scripture (belief?) that says if you write the word of the buddha/christ-possibly allah or/and mohammad, then every word or letter is a Buddha? heard of that one?

:ausflag:

regards

Xray