Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhism and Hollywood

http://www.lionsroar.com/was-yoda-based-on-this-buddhist-master/#

I just found this article on my Facebook timeline. I'm just curious if it plays a big part of the movie saga.
In my younger years i found the story unique in some way. I am not sure if it connects the dots.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, it's a well-known fact, if that's what you're asking.... It has been common knowledge among hardened Star Wars fans....
    It's pretty difficult to find reference here on NB, using the search facility (maybe someone could prove me wrong! :+1: ) but we've discussed it before, I think.... :smiley:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Ok, found it....

Read here...

mockeymind
  • Well, that brings me to think that the discipline in buddhism have a broad use in our society. The late Steve Jobs was mentioned that he is a kind of buddhist, our 5's Japanese culture of work came from a Zen perspective and yes even the method of swimming that I learned years ago was called mindfulness strokes. I just realized that I was being trained with some buddhist perspective. Just to mention few.

• @federica - ok thanks.

No problem... I think it's a lot simpler than I feared it would be... I merely typed 'Yoda' into the search box and came up with a load of old Jedi.... :D