Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Time for a spring membership drive, I think

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited May 2004 in NewBuddhist.com
Okay, so the three of us should try to figure out ways to get this site out there. Matt, you're good at this stuff. Any ideas?

An article or something?

Hahaha, the funny thing is, I know how to get tech articles read by posting on affiliated sites, but we're all alone out here.... I have no idea where to begin ;D

Comments

• edited April 2004
    Well I will certainly do some thinking about this, but my first thought were maybe to mention the site on some yoga forum sites out there.... Many people who are very much into yoga would be intrested in an easy way to learn about buddhism... I think... :unsure:
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited May 2004
    Heh, sorry I was truant there. :unsure: I barely had time to keep up with SM during finals, and then was in the UK.

Let's see, there are probably quite a few things that could be done to generate hits:

- Content content content. Even if you can't get linkage: if you build it, they will come. Google's #1 friend is new pages of quality content on a well organized website. Write things you think your target audience wants to hear about and you will start getting some hits.

- Finish the front page. The design kinda cuts off at the bottom and looks like it isn't done.

- Minor bit: need some linkage from forums to front page. I don't see any.

- Get active on another Buddhism board or site, and put the link in your sig or work it into your contributions somehow. That will get the site noticed by the appropriate crowd.

That's all that struck me off the top of my head. Gotta run to work now :)
This discussion has been closed.