Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Shambhala Sun Magazine

edited January 2007 in General Banter
Anyone have a subscription to this magazine:

http://www.shambhalasun.com/

I got an offer for it in the mail, and it looked very interesting. Anyone know about it?

Namaste!
Kim

PS - I've missed all of you lately.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Since I work next to a Barne's and Noble....I just buy it off the shelf. It gives me the chance to peruse the issue before purchasing. I've purchased most of them the past year. Like any magazine...covers a wide range of topics, and articles range in length. I like having an issue or two floating around in my car, at work, etc. because I can read, and reread articles when I need a Buddhism 'fix'.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    I've been reading it since it was called the Vajradhatu Sun back in the 1970s. I don't subscribe to it anymore because I don't have time to read it often, but I will pick it up if it has something that piques my interest. They try to be inclusive, including various types of Buddhism, as well as yoga and other things of interest. They also have another, more Buddhist quarterly called Buddhadharma that you may also want to check out. Among all the Buddhist-oriented mags out there, it's my favorite.

Palzang
  • edited January 2007
    ya kids bought me the subscription for xmas..
    and iv read it for many years.. its a nice change to pic up a magazine
    and read an article as appose to a long book if your not in the mood.

ya awesome..
  • edited January 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it is definitely worth the money. I will get a subscription!