Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Looking in Michigan

edited January 2007 in Sanghas
Im looking for a Buddhist Temple or Meditation Center in the Detroit Metro area. Any contact info would be great. Im new to the board and I think its great Im also interested in learning Thai if anyone has any suggestions for books or groups. Thanks

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2007
    dragon,

Hello, and welcome to the New Buddhist community. The two Thai Theravada temples that I frequently visited when I was still living in Michigan were Wat Buddhavihara (also known as the Midwest Buddhist Mediation Center) in Warren, and Wat Dhammasala in Perry. If you are interested in learning more about Buddhism, meditation, and learning the Thai language, I would highly recommend these two places for all the above. I hope that you find this information helpful in some way.

Regards,

Jason
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    I used to go to the Zen Center of the Buddhist Society for Compassionate Wisdom in ann Arbor.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited January 2007
    Dragon, if you go to Midwest Buddhist Meditation Center and tell Achahn Chuen that Brian says hello and you want to learn Thai, he will adopt you as his new son! :lol:
  • edited January 2007
    Thank You to everyone, I will check out the midwest buddhist meditation center it is pretty close and sounds ideal. Thanks again and this board is great I will be here daily.