Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tao book WOW!

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

So what do we change our thoughts to?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I have to admit right from the outset that I have never before seen this book nor heard of the author; however, I fear whatever he writes is nothing new.

I don't mean that the Tao has been around for millennia (although obviously, it has) but many years ago before this, (1984) Louise Hay affirmed in her book, "You can Heal Your Life" that ' A thought is only a thought; and a thought can be changed'.

While I repeat that I have not seen this book, I have the suspicion that it's recycled repeated Wisdom. ('As seen on public TV'.... is there any such thing as 'private TV'....? :confused: )

However, I will admit that if it's helpful and supportive to you, it's important you take whatever positivity you can from what you read, and take it to heart, and build on it.

• The name Dr Dyer sounded familiar. A quick google and I discovered he wrote "Erroneous Zones", a book we had to read in our Cognitive Psychology class in college. Boy, that was a long time ago. It made quite an impression on me.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I read one of his books but I didn't appreciate his tone -- yet I enjoyed the heck out of his TV appearances on pbs or whatever.