Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Animated Avatars?

edited February 2007 in NewBuddhist.com
Brian, why do animated gifs not work for avatars? It says the extension is usable but mine doesn't seem to be moving... Thank you.

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Brian, why do animated gifs not work for avatars? It says the extension is usable but mine doesn't seem to be moving... Thank you.

Could it be because your picture shows two boy scouts, drunk and slumped insensible across a ping pong table?
  • edited February 2007
    actually, it's a few monks making a mandala and at the end they clear it. You can't see the animation though or else you would have seen that.
    edited February 2007
    actually, it's a few monks making a mandala and at the end they clear it. You can't see the animation though or else you would have seen that.

Will you post it in a thread?
  • edited February 2007
    Here ya go Simon...

monksmandalays0.gif
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited February 2007
    The reason it went static is because it is bigger than the allowed maximum size. The site will automatically adjust the size to fit the requirements. Unfortunately, it converts the image to a jpg in order to accomplish this goal. JPG files cannot be animated.

I manually inserted the avatar for you. As you can see, it is wider than the normal avatars. :)
  • edited February 2007
    Thanks Brian!!!

I tried making it a bit smaller too, I brought it into ImageReady and cut out a few frames as well.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Could it be because your picture shows two boy scouts, drunk and slumped insensible across a ping pong table?

OMIGOD!! SO funny!!!

I'm having a challenging day pain wise and feeling pretty grumpy and out of sorts. The pain level's so high I'm actually shaking. But this really brought me some much needed laughter.

Thanks Simon!!
    edited February 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    OMIGOD!! SO funny!!!

I'm having a challenging day pain wise and feeling pretty grumpy and out of sorts. The pain level's so high I'm actually shaking. But this really brought me some much needed laughter.

Thanks Simon!!

So sorry to hear the pain is bad today, Boo. I shall sing a healing your way.

BTW, do you think that Buddhist monks do this "speed mandala" thing in place of Western speed dating?
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Yea thanks Brian, :whatever: LFA ALWAYS gets what he wants :nonono: Now lets see how many of us want to animate our avatars...(or is that a euphemism?) teehee
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2007

BTW, do you think that Buddhist monks do this "speed mandala" thing in place of Western speed dating?

I've heard speed 'Om Mani pedme Hung' - it sounds mad....so goodness knows the result of speedmandala....!

Boo, Much love to you and gentle, not too painful hugs....would you like a cup of tea? :wave:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007

Thank you, Simon! And thanks for another laugh.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2007
    hope u feel better Brigid-much love.

X
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Thanks Fede and Xray. Love you!