Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Any Mac fans?

edited February 2007 in General Banter
I've been using them on and off for a few years now. Especially lately cause my work is exclusively using Macs. I've always had a pc at home but just bought a used Imac and am as excited as a kid at Christmas. I'm having a hard time waiting for it to arrive.

Here it is...
1557_2.JPG

APPLE iMac G4 1GHZ / 256 M / 80 GB / COMBO / 15" LCD

Any other Mac fans here?

Comments

• questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited February 2007
    my work is exclusively using Macs.

OK. I've been lurking for awhile after being away, but this I've got to reply--I'm a Mac user. I've switched back and forth between Mac and PC for many years. I've had my latest Mac for 2 years now. It's getting old by computer standards, but I still like it. When I get a REAL job, hopefully soon, I'll upgrade.

What catches my attention, LFA, is that your WORK is exclusively Mac. May I inquire exactly what area you're working in--it is highly unusual for a work environment to use Mac ONLY.

I hope the iMac comes with all speed...

Peace!
  • edited February 2007
    Meh, I just saw on the UPS site it won't be here till Monday.... :(

questZENer: I work at a printing firm. I just asked to make sure we are exclusively Mac and I guess we have one PC but it is to open PC made files, convert them to Mac and that's all it's used for.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2007
    A friend of mine was ridiculing me for not using Macs.

He said, "Yeah? Well, you never get the blue screen of death!"

"No... that's true. But I do get the 'screen doesn't do anything and freezes' of death' or the 'i'm just going to shut down and discard everything you've been recording' of death'."

"I don't get it."

"Of course you don't."

-bf
  • edited February 2007
    the thing that was holding me back on getting one was the price, they are crazy expensive for brand new one's... so I bought a used one and got a great deal. So I had t do it. I work alot with Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Trying to run those 2 programs on my pc now is liking, umm, it's like, umm.. well it sucks! it takes up so much of the processing on the pc it just sits mute and does nothing. I can multi-task on this here Mac at work and it never slows down!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    I heard the new Macs run everything, even Vista, and beautifully. I haven't used a Mac since high school and if they weren't so expensive I'd buy a Mac when my current machine gives up the ghost.
  • edited February 2007
    I've been using them on and off for a few years now. Especially lately cause my work is exclusively using Macs. I've always had a pc at home but just bought a used Imac and am as excited as a kid at Christmas. I'm having a hard time waiting for it to arrive.

Here it is...
    1557_2.JPG

APPLE iMac G4 1GHZ / 256 M / 80 GB / COMBO / 15" LCD

Any other Mac fans here?

Heh, I hated Macs for years, just because I couldn't do games and such (plus grew up using PCs only). Then, as part of a little side-business of mine, I bought a Mac Mini. I needed to be able to support Mac customers so Ihad to learn how to use one. Eventually I stopped using my fancy, self-built PC, and now use the Mini only. It's not powerful like other Macs, but is compact, silent as a ninja, and just good times. I alsolike Macs friendly International setup, which is great for dealing with Sanskrit/Pali stuff, plus my wife's Japanese so she likes that part.

I wouldn't go so far as to worship Steve Jobs, but I do like Macs now. :)
  • edited February 2007
    woo hoo, I am actually typing my first message on the new Mac. Took me a sec to get online but now it's all good. I'm no Steve Jobs worshipper either, just really like the way the Macs work.